Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kolumbus
Aspirant
Aspirant

The separate option to silence calls and chimes disappeared in my options. Now it’s all silent or all on only.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kolumbus,

Could you show a screenshot of what is showing on your options currently? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that helps?

Kolumbus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Jessica,

below are videos with Android and with iOS. As you can see under the Andoid, when the Incoming Call switch is used then the whole silent setting is reset. Under iOS no separate controls are visible at all. Previously I could silence calls while keeping the chime.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the videos. For the chime, are you using the Arlo Chime or your existing chime?

You can try to toggle off the silent mode on both the iOS and Android device and sign out from your account and reinstall the app. Then after reinstalling the app, try to reboot your Base Station and then use one of your phone devices (not simultaneously) to toggle the silent mode om to see if that helps.

Kolumbus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Jessica,

we have a traditional chime. Until a couple of months ago it was working well with Arlo, e.g. calls to the mobile could be silenced while keeping the chime on.

I've reinstalled all apps and rebooted the base station as suggested. Nothing changed: the behaviour is still as on the videos.

Best,

Max

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you also let me know what Arlo app version you're using for both the iOS and Android version? And for your traditional chime, are you using digital or mechanical?

Kolumbus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Jessica,

the chime is mechanical.

Basestation
==============================================
HW Version VMB4000r3
Firmware 1.12.2.4_2772

Doorbell
HW Version 1.3
Firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268

Android
Version 2.7.12_25660

iOS
Version 2.7.12 (99)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the full detailed information. Our development team is looking into this issue and we will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconvenience given.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation