Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple events in Audio Doorbell motion settings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

I've searched the forum on this topic and haven't found any answers.

I have my Arlo Audio doorbell set up to trigger a camera when it detects motion.  Is there a way in the motion settings to trigger multiple events (i.e. two cameras) when it detects motion?  And can you adjust motion sensitivity for the doorbell.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No you can't change the motion sensitivity but you can use the Add Event selection when changing the doorbell's Motion and Audio Settings. It seems like you've done that for one camera - just add another.

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

You've hit on my question.  In the mobile app, when you select doorbell and motion settings, there is no place to "add event" for a second event.  That screen and the UI is different from the other device screens.  Using the mobile app, there doesn't appear to be any way to add a second event for the Audio Doorbell.

Am I missing something?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi garyk1000,

What phone device are you using?

On the web client on the computer, you can go to "Motion & Audio Settings" on your Arlo Audio Doorbell and you should see "Add Event" under "Based on your settings, when Doorbell is triggered, which devices do you want to activate". You should be able to add a second event.

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.  Completely forgot about using the web client. 

I would offer that the mobile client and the web client need to be more aligned OR that the mobile client should indicate which operations are only allowed on the web client.  Hard to keep them straight.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation