Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with Arlo Audio Doorbell and Chime

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PR-UK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I bought an Arlo Audio Doorbell and Chime today to attach to my existing Arlo Pro (1) 3x Camera setup.

I've easily added the doorbell and chime to my system however I'm suffering several annoying issues:

1) The Chime is incredibly crackly, when it sounds the chime is often distorted and sometimes part of the chime never plays, I've tried several different melodies and they are all the same, often an immediate second chime sounds ok until the unit goes back to sleep(?) when no lights appear on it.

2) I've turned off (on) the Incoming Call option as I've no interest in receiving phone calls from the system however when the doorbell is pressed the ring will flash and then remain on a constant white ring, supposedly this means a two way communication is enabled however my phone never rings (as it shouldn't), the ring stays lit until I press the doorbell again at which point the chime sounds a second time and the white ring returns to flashing briefly and going off. I'm guessing this is why in the last 4 hours the batteries have gone from 99% to 85%!

Has anyone had these issues before?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PR-UK

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

PR-UK
Tutor
Tutor

Well I posted a support request, had a reply suggesting switching to the Doorbell to channel 3 on the back and post an internet speed test, I did both with no difference and have since received no reply...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PR-UK

Did you report the issue back to support after trying the suggested method?

PR-UK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne,

I did, case reference is #41413025

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PR-UK

Do you mind providing me with the requested information, or the information you provided to the support agent? I will add this to the case manually for review. 

PR-UK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I switched to channel 3 as requested it didn't make any difference to the crackly door chime or the intermittent stuck solid white ring. I've attached a fresh speed test.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you remember what the results were from the speedtest?

PR-UK
Tutor
Tutor

Previous test was exactly the same.

Thanks,

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is there a phone number and best time/day to reach you if necessary (including Timezone). I would like to add this info to your case for the agent & account. You can provide this info through a PM.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have added the provided information to your case. I am waiting for confirmation. Thank you for the added information. 

PR-UK
Tutor
Tutor

I give up, it's all going back. 

I've tried all the tweaks and nothing works. No contact from Arlo support, apart from telling me I've not left you any messages when I have (what's the point of a case management system where we can't see the history of the case?!). Live Chat is always unavailable.

Contacted Amazon and arranged a refund.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PR-UK

I wanted to provide an update for you, I have submitted your escalation case. Thank you for your patience

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation