Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
youngek
Guide
Guide
I just setup the doorbell with my ultra system however in the new Arlo app when I go to setup incoming call notifications it turns on all three silent mode incoming call and chimes. I just want incoming call to turn on. Is there some setting I need to setup first?
11 REPLIES 11
youngek
Guide
Guide
If I deselect silent mode incoming call and traditional chime turn off as well.
youngek
Guide
Guide
I should also say this is on IOS. And the new Arlo app.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @youngek

Are you still experiencing this issue with your doorbell and silent mode?

youngek
Guide
Guide
Yes, it also seems like it’s not picking up on motion either. I could be wrong but, I thought when motion is detected that the ring would flash white.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is correct, when motion is detected the doorbell should boot from standby & the white ring will flash. 

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

youngek
Guide
Guide
I haven’t contacted support yet. My front door camera still seems to pick up the motion even though I have the camera connected to the door bell. Also is motion from the doorbell like the cameras it picks up movement better left to right or is it straight on? Also I just noticed that the batteries are showing red. I just set this up on Sunday. So two days the batteries have lasted? I will be contacting support today.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@youngek

The Doorbell* will detect motion best when objects move from side to side. Pease let me know if you need help after your support call and I will be here to assist you.

youngek
Guide
Guide
Which should pick up motion first the doorbell or the camera connected to the doorbell?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That would depend on the positioning of the two. I corrected my statement above, in case that was confusing. I meant the "Doorbell camera".

youngek
Guide
Guide
Arlo should sending an RMA to me since my doorbell is not working correctly.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@youngek wrote:
Arlo should sending an RMA to me since my doorbell is not working correctly.

If that's the case, then contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation