Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have recently purchased an Arlo Door Bell but external users can't hear me, I can hear them.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chitchat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Door bell works fine but for one exception—people at the door can’t hear me talking. I can hear them from my phone though.

I am the secondary account user and my wife the primary. She has no issues and can have two way dialogue. I have admin priviledge and the same setting set on both our phones.

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1.4 and permissions and settings are enabled on for the app.

Arlo App version 2.7.4 (Release 9 Feb 2019)

Door bell firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268

Hardware 1.3

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Chitchat

Have you tried removing & reinstalling the app? Can you try and log in to her phone with your account and see if the 2 way audio works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Chitchat

When you mention someone can not here you, Is the volume low or is there not any noise coming from the speaker when you talk?

Chitchat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS, all volume controls are set at 100%, I have compared all settings against my wife's app and they are identical, the only difference is the actual phone. 

I assume you can have multiple users answering the door bell and isn't limited to a primary user?

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Chitchat

Have you tried removing & reinstalling the app? Can you try and log in to her phone with your account and see if the 2 way audio works.

Chitchat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fortunately or not we had a power outage and we ended having no choice but to reinstall the whole system. Just by trying to uninstall the application from phones/ tablets didn't work. 

Once reset and reinstalled the system is working as expected on both devices. 

Thanks for the support. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Chitchat

You are welcome! let us know if you have any further questions.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation