Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Has anyone ever had a solution to Arlo's inherent defect chime and doorbell from Customer Support

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AussieSkier
Star
Star

Posted this today on my original thread re my chime/doorbell not working, even after chime replacement. There are serious software/coding issues with these products.

I love the way Aro tries to close out case numbers without actually solving the customer's problems. 

I assume someone is on a bonus to keep customer queries down.

Case Numbers:

# 41245247

RMA 7097786

I have raised an issue with Arlo Chime and Doorbell for 5 weeks now that is not resolved.

You keep closing the case due to "inactivity", when the inactivity is yours - I need feedback.

I have a record of all emails, web page entries/responses demonstrating that you are avoiding providing a solution to my problem, so I am raising yet another case, and will do so until you respond with a solution to my issue, which is well recognised in the Arlo community as a coding/software issue.

Arlo are knowingly  selling equipment to the public that is not fit for purpose

2 REPLIES 2
AussieSkier
Star
Star

It would appear that Arlo Customer Support will no longer respond to my queries re the chime/doorbell inherent issue.

As they are producing a product that is not fit for purpose, probably time to warn any potential future customers not to waste their money buying these products.

johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

So to everyone having problems with cameras and the doorbell. I have had trouble with cameras not working and no announcements from amazon alexa that the door bell has been pressed like everyone else that has them. I have found it MUST be a fault with software/firmware. If I have the doorbell and chime connected to a base unit with NO cameras and a different base unit for just the cameras then everything works better. cameras connect and work faster. no dropping of connections and now my doorbell rings my phone every time and my alexa tells me my doorbell has been pressed. Hope this helps

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation