Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jharj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried setting up the Arlo Doorbell to my existing connections.  Like other users have stated, there's a constant buzzing on 1 and 3 with nothing on 2.  The solutions I've seen on here indicate a Traditional Chime toggle switch in the settings for the doorbell, which I do not have on my app. 

Under customize, I only have the Silent Mode option.  When that is active I get the Incoming Call option. 

Nothing I do brings up the Traditional Chime option. 

If I enter the device settings, the first section only has Battery, Connected To, and Device info.  No Traditional Chime option there either. 

Is there something I'm missing?

155 REPLIES 155
JeffKenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!  We have the latest software version and continue to get the continued buzzing with our existing chime.  Upon taking the cover off of the Arlo doorbell, and it being slightly ajar, it will operate as it should, but once securing the cover, back to continued buzzing.  Help!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @JeffKenn

Have you contacted customer support about this issue? I have attached the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

Lorane
Aspirant
Aspirant

@RichWen wrote:

Hello Randal.  Arlo hasn’t contacted me yet about this.  I just checked the difference between my IOS devices versus the google chrome laptop and the apps are different.  My IOS devices do not give me an indication of tradional chime in the settings but the google device says traditional chime “connected”.  After PLENTY of hours trying to get the doorbell to work with my iPad or iPhone, I tried the new google chrome laptop.  By removing the device first from Arlo, then adding the device and then pushing the resync button on the doorbell for at least 10 seconds (or until the doorbell’s led ring flashes fast).  I then follow the Arlo instructions by getting it to get the latest firmware for the base station, then find the doorbell...and at the end when I’ve connected the doorbell back onto the attached wiring base, I try the doorbell, it works.  IN MY OPINION, THE TRADIONAL CHIME WILL NOT CONNECT WITH AN IOS DEVICE.  It will only work with others that have the traditional chime showing in the settings of the doorbell.F618D0B6-7B57-4D2D-A34E-537095C2A380.jpeg8FB32350-C893-47D2-8FDC-3E58718EFDA2.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

BigRed84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could you please update the status page if installation of new audio doorbell with iOS is not possible with existing chime (at least in Finland). Wasted time, poor service for a home security company.
BigRed84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found a new Arlo app in the iOS app store. Setting up the doorbell with existing chime worked now as expected.