Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jharj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried setting up the Arlo Doorbell to my existing connections.  Like other users have stated, there's a constant buzzing on 1 and 3 with nothing on 2.  The solutions I've seen on here indicate a Traditional Chime toggle switch in the settings for the doorbell, which I do not have on my app. 

Under customize, I only have the Silent Mode option.  When that is active I get the Incoming Call option. 

Nothing I do brings up the Traditional Chime option. 

If I enter the device settings, the first section only has Battery, Connected To, and Device info.  No Traditional Chime option there either. 

Is there something I'm missing?

155 REPLIES 155
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you used the Traditional Chime setting in the doorbell settings?

Moto286
Guide
Guide

I don’t see that option in the app or on the web site . I clicked on doorbell , hit device settings and I don’t see that as a option . Thank you for the response . Hope you can guide me so I can keep this device . Cams work great. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Should be in Settings, My Devices, your doorbell, Device Settings, Traditional Chime.

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

The "Traditional Chime" is missing from within my app as well.     (I do have the latest app version).       It used to be there in Device Settings but it's not anymore.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You made me look. I was on the computer when I replied - using the app I see what you're saying. Dunno why so open a case with support to raise the issue:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

In the meantime, use a browser. A mobile browser should work if set to use the desktop version of the website.

Jason44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

Arlo do no about this and are looking into it. All was working fine until the last update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More open cases changes the support metrics to raise awareness. Talking about it here isn't the same thing.

Moto286
Guide
Guide
Done . Case opened . I also logged in via my desktop and I see the traditional setting but that shows disconnected . I pulled the until off the wall so I’ll remount and see if it shows connected and try again . Case number 40923459. That help team said it was a known issue and it has been Escalated to their engineer in team.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
My case has been opened for a week now, it’s case number 40904766. Still no contact about a fix...and I don’t know when someone is at the door unless my phone is around to answer... defeats the purpose of the device completely in my opinion. It did work for a few months before the recent app updates.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

Have you tried to re-sync your chime or reset it by holding the sync button for 10 sec. Are you trying to use your mechanical or digital chime with your doorbell as well?

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
It’s the existing mechanical chime.

Level 2 support has already contacted me and was unable to help get it working. They are supposed to be looking into the issue.
Moto286
Guide
Guide
No I haven’t tried that yet but I’ll give it a shot
don30188
Initiate
Initiate

To ShayneS, if you could please get to the root cause of this issue we would all appreciate it.  I am don30188 from post 46 and have exhaustively tried every possible fix (more than once) to no avail.  Moreover, I’ve sent 3 emails to support to get messages ‘unable to send’ and started 2 live chats to get ‘chat not available’ so I guess I need to call to open a case.  Ridiculous.  

This is is quite frustrating.  Dbensette and others have laid out in crystal clear terms what the issues are and what the attempted fixes are resulting in.  So please send some info that does NOT say to change the 1/2/3 settings on the doorbell, or look for Traditional Chime setting on the app or the website, or reset the ARLO chime since most people are trying to use existing doorbells (as for me I bought a chime which wouldn’t pair so am about to try another one)., or check the voltage on the transformer, or some other fix we’ve all tried 10 times over.  

I’m about $1000 into my ARLO devices and electrical rewiring and this Georgia boy has had enough.  Y’all need to get this figured out.  

Respectfully,

don30188

Moto286
Guide
Guide
Trying to hook up to my traditional chime . So the house bell .
Moto286
Guide
Guide
Amen !! I’ve tried eveything . Now I have these dam holes drilled into the house and no doorbell on there . .
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

@don30188 @ShayneS 

I second that motion!!! Im over $2000 in Arlo products as well and feel i am well informed on troubleshooting problems. But, when the problem is clearly out of our hands, im sick of the bull responses from arlo support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have all of you used the Traditional Chime setting in the doorbell settings? You have to use a browser to do this since it seems to be missing from the app.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
🙄🙄🙄
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

You MUST set up the doorbell from the app, there is no browser option for initally setting up the doorbell.

After setup is complete, the option that shows the traditional chime is MISSING in the app.

If you check the settings of the doorbell in a browser, you CANNOT change the settings from "Disconnected", there is no option to fix this. I have attached a screen shot of this.

Waiting on Arlo to fix this is taking way too long, I have requested a refund on my device from Arlo as they have removed a function which was originally advertised when I purchased it.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

ALSO, to be clear, the Arlo doorbell originally did work as intended since november. Its since the app update in May that broke the funtionality of it.

I am confused as to why this is taking so long to fix...

Moto286
Guide
Guide
I sure did . When I went in via desktop is say the doorbell is disconnected but I can assure you it is connected As it has my bell making a consistent buzzing sound Until I am plug it
psdl
Initiate
Initiate

So, i have the exact same problem as all others. All was working fine until i reset my base station and synced the doorbell and my cameras again. After setting traditional doorbell and put the switch to "2" nothing was ringing.

In the App i have no option fpr traditional chime and looking in my.arlo.com - traditinal chime is disconnected. When putting the switch to 1 or 3 i have an short, so the bell is ringing constantly.

Quality control at netgear is non existant. It is a mess. I would never buy this hardware again.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Anybody figure this out yet?

I was told by tech support two weeks ago that they will get back to me.

I have sent multiple emails since for an update, and my emails are being ignored.

Basically arlo sold me a product, broke it with a software update and now is ignoring the customer for support.

That sounds like a con.
carleycap
Tutor
Tutor

I'm glad to see the doorbell with traditional chime is an issue. i just got it today and have installed it three times and it won't work. it took me an hour searching to find this. I hope Arlo gets this fixed.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I suggest you return it.

It’s been broken for a month and customer support won’t reply to emails about it anymore.