Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

207 REPLIES 207
Webo2000
Star
Star
The doorbell did start working again the weekend but it is intermittent and unreliable at the moment. I hope an update comes out soon to help this.
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
If Arlo cant even get the audio doorbell to work properly, i can only assume that the video doorbell is going to be another lemon. 😉
BGTSNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I am having the same problem since iPhone update to 13.1.2 the doorbell won't call my phone. It's not much use to me now hope they have a fix soon.

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Does anyone care about their video doorbell at all??

They need to fix troubled doorbell first, quickly, at least for now.
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes they do. Two weeks ago i spent $400 on two doorbells and two chimes and it worked for less then two weeks. 🍋🍋🍋 what a disappointment.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here - my iPhone XS Max and my wife’s iPhone X - both running iOS 13.1.2 and the newest app off the App Store.

Same as everyone else - will work like 1/10 times but otherwise the Chime goes off and no video call is placed to the phones.

I removed the doorbell and chime from my SmartHub and also for other purposes I fully reset my system over the weekend. After a full deep reset and add back of all devices it’s still doing the same thing - so it’s definitely not something addressed by the easy measures.

JamesC have you heard of this issue yet?

Pepetan68
Guide
Guide

Arlo 2.9.1

IOS 13.1.2

The problem with the app , when you turn on incoming call

silent mode turns  on as well

Pepetan68
Guide
Guide

If you turn of silent mode , incoming call turns off thats why we dont get calls from our mobile device

timpharrison
Star
Star

To be clear, the issue that I and most others are reporting, has nothing to do with turning off silent mode.  Silent mode is off and yet I do not receive any calls to my phone.

I was the original poster of this issue, but it looks as if this issue is very prevalent. 

I await feedback from Arlo staff with baited breath!

Pepetan68
Guide
Guide

Thats why you dont get calls from your mobile device because the silent call turns on when you turn on incoming call

Pepetan68
Guide
Guide

Arlo app needs to fix this issue 

BGTSNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Not much hope in getting it fixed as just tried the support line and it comes up no one available.

Only had the product 5 weeks so looks like we have lost that money. 

Wont be recommending them to anyone. 

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor

All of these feedback mean nothing to deaf ears and blind eyes.

where can we publish review publicly? can anyone recommend? can we do it on Google?

Arlo does not seem to give a toss unless more and more customers publish these issues publicly.

Extremely disappointing !

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello Arlo tech can you at least tell us if you’re at least trying to rectify this issue or have we all just invested out money in a dead 🍋????
Rchall
Guide
Guide

Hi

I have had the same problem for the last few days and have carried out all the same fixes and it does not work.

I agree with your sentiments.

I opened a case with Arlo and the stemmed to be unaware of the issue even though I mentioned there comments on about this issue on the community forum.

Poor form Arlo.

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone tried to return doorbell back to retailer or Arlo?

What did they say about this issue?

We are just not getting any response from Arlo in this forum at all.

VirtualWolf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for reading folks.

Unfortunately my arlo doorbell has stopped calling my phone and only sends a notification with no "to leave a voice message" etc.

I've tried resetting the base station, removing the doorbell, rsync.

This seems to be a common issue with random fixes differing between person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

It looks like Arlo have finally resolved the push notification issue with the Ultra cameras. But my Doorbell is still not calling my phone. This is an issue for both iOS and Android. 

PaulineB
Initiate
Initiate
I've tried everything all of you mentioned and my doorbell still doesn't call my phone, just sends a notification. Mine is an android Samsung galaxy note 9
Rchall
Guide
Guide

Hi

Interestingly my doorbell was working on a public beta version of IOS (13.2beta1) and stopped working on this version. Coincidentally the next day I upgraded my IPhone XR to an IPhone 11 which was running the normal IOS 13.1 and still did not work. I then upgraded my iPhone to the public beta iOS (13.2 beta2) and it still does not work. 

I assume Arlo reads these posts (?) and the above may help or confuse them.

Thanks

I

timpharrison
Star
Star

I received the response below from Arlo Support.   No acknowledgement of the issue or offer to help.

"this is Joanna from Arlo Support. I understand your frustration nevertheless cannot help you in this matter.

We have currently several issues on which our engineers are working on.

Besides lots of customers have own issues related to Arlo app and their own mobile phones and settings on those mobiles.  And these are the thing we not always can help with"

Rchall
Guide
Guide

Very reassuring!!

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Not worth risking your phone by changing firmwares.

Arlo needs action on this, or it is angering customers.
DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
They do not even give a dam!
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
I want my money back for 2 bells and 2 chimes they are usless now.