Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
BelgianGenius
Tutor
Tutor

I installed an Arlo doorbell with my Arlo Pro 2 system recently.

It seems the doorbell doesn't work on the first press most times - no chime and no notification.  Once you press it once, it seems like it wakes up, thje light comes on, and then it starts working.

This happens repeatedly - wait a few hours and it won't work on the first press again.

I tried sending an email to Arlo support 4 days ago, but apart from the automatic response, I got no response at all.

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BelgianGenius,

We're sorry to hear you have not heard back from our support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

BelgianGenius
Tutor
Tutor

Ok., I'm done with this thing.

I've never had a problem with the Alro cameras, but this doorbell just doesn't work.  Most of the time, notifications just don't come through.  Back to Amazon it goes...

MikeDee66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same exact problem - was there a resolution that you can share?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MikeDee66,

Have you tried re-inserting the battery from your Arlo Audio Doorbell so it can restart and see if that helps? Make sure that your Doorbell is not too far away from your Base Station

MikeDee66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset everything. 

The doorbell works on the second press every time.  It NEVER works on the first press no matter how  long I press the button.

BelgianGenius
Tutor
Tutor
My solution was to return it. Net gear had no answer or resolution.
MikeDee66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like I'll have to follow suit and return it.  Looks like a Ring doorbell is in my future instead.

RichR
Star
Star
Same issue here even after a reset. By the way, it also won't stay connected to a camera.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RichR,

If you're having problems with your Arlo Audio Doorbell not connecting properly, try restarting it by re-inserting the battery from your Arlo Audio Doorbell to see if that helps.

BelgianGenius
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah - that was the only suggestion Netgear had and it made no difference.
bennyb0i
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any resolution to this issue at all? My Arlo doorbell has exhibited the same behavior from the get-go as well. Always needs to be pressed twice after not being pressed for a while to get any chime or call to my phone. This is despite the button lighting up due to motion per normal. It's like the doorbell goes into a low-power state and is failing to wake on the first press. Is there no fix for this??
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi bennyb0i,

If you're having problems where your Arlo Audio Doorbell is not working on first press, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Sueray
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was having the same problem. I sinked my doorbell to the camera by the front door and now all works great.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation