Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cwkudzu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only want the button to ring the doorbell, not call me on the phone. Looks like that is not an option. At first, the doorbell would not ring the mechanical bell. I reset it back to factory, reinstalled the doorbell, and I worked, but called me on the phone. I set it to Silent, the doorbell rang, and no phone call. A day later, no doorbell. I turned Silent off, and now it works and calls me.  My next step is to throw this piece of junk away, buy a cheap doorbell switch, and move on. I will NEVER buy another Arlo product if they can't even make a simple doorbell switch that will work!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cwkudzu

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

cwkudzu
Aspirant
Aspirant

As mentioned earlier, I reset it back to factory, reinstalled the doorbell, and I worked, but called me on the phone. I set it to Silent, the doorbell rang, and no phone call. A day later, no doorbell. I turned Silent off, and now it works and calls me.

However, now the doorbell does not ring when the cameras are in DISARMED mode.  This does not help when delivery people show up.  When the doorbell was associated with a camera, the video quality was so poor and choppy that I am unable to use it this way.  I only installed the doorbell because it was part of the package.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cwkudzu

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation