Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
wwweber
Follower
Follower
Is there a way for the doorbell to call and notify more than one cell phone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes - load the app on as many phones as needed. Be sure to turn off battery optimizations for the app to help out.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes - load the app on as many phones as needed. Be sure to turn off battery optimizations for the app to help out.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wwweber,

For instructions on how to do this, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

kmacard
Star
Star

Well, this doesn't seem to work for me. The doorbell works great, as expected with our Arlo camera setup. It calls my cell phone to alert me. So far so good. But, even though two other cell phones in our home have the Arlo app and work with the camera setup, they do not get alerted when there is someone at the door. So, please, how can I get this to work?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kmacard,

In your Grant Access settings for the primary account, do you have the doorbell shared with the other users?

JamesC

kmacard
Star
Star

@JamesC wrote:

kmacard,

In your Grant Access settings for the primary account, do you have the doorbell shared with the other users?

JamesC

I do now!  🙂  Thank you. I figured I just had a setting wrong somewhere.

MMARSKE
Initiate
Initiate
Access is granted but it still won’t ring on that additional phone
rxgomez8
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue.... Any solution?
rxgomez8
Initiate
Initiate
Re-synced the doorbell and now they both work....
kmacard
Star
Star

Did you resync the doorbell to the chime or the base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can only sync the doorbell and chime to the base. The chime can then be paired to the doorbell.

Mjgrant
Initiate
Initiate
My husband is the primary account, he shared all the devices with me and I can see both cameras and the doorbell on the home page of my app. However, the doorbell does not call my cell phone when activated, only my husband's. How do I fix this?
kmacard
Star
Star

I'm no expert, but I believe that, on the main account, he needs to Grant Access to the doorbell to allow you to receive phone calls. Find that under Device Settings > Account > Grant Access.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

One thing to note is that if you have an iPhone and you have your "do not disturb" on, Arlo will not ring you.  Also, adding the arlo call as a Contact and "favorite" will also not push the call thorugh.  DND must be off on phone.  Hope Arlo finds a fix or work around for this in near future.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation