Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor
fornthe last 2 days I been trying to add the doorbell and chime to my system and base doesn't discover any of the devices, everything else is working good I have 6 cameras 4 disable and 2 working right now, I tryed resetting modem, router, arlo base, phone, pressing the sync and no good results.
Only change is i have a new modem, I can't imagine this can be cause because everything else is working good.

any idea is much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

Good news, last night I was able to syn all 6 cameras, doorbell and chime, fast and smooth. For some reason appears like the internet was blocking something, here is the things that happend since I bought the system.

11/20/18

Purchase new system 6 cameras, doorbell and chime on 

I Installed 6 cameras and doorbell same day

internet speed 12Mbps DOWN, 1Mbps UP

11/22/18

Install new Internet Modem 

11/24/18

Ordered Internet upgrade online 30Mbps DOWN, 3Mbps UP 

11/2/18-11/27/18

Fail attemp to install/sync chime 11/25/18

Remove other devices and not able to syn again, reset, and other strategies did not work

11/28/18 (around noon)

Contacted internet provider because speed was still 12/1Mbps and they sai, your order is ready I will activate now, after that I have the 30/3Mbps

11/28/18 (night)

When i get back home I was able to syn everything with no problems.

I understand the devices connect directly to the base, but it was just too much of a coincidence. like if the modem/internet was blocking something during the sync

I hope this helps for someone else in the future.

Thanks All!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

It could be a problem with your account.  Do you have another email address that you can use?  I know that it is a PITA, but it sounds like there may be an issue with the account.

Have you tried doing a reset on your base station? 

Make sure that the doorbell is in sync mode.  After inserting the batteries, hold the sync button inside the device for about 10 seconds.  The chime led should be pulsing slowly.  If not, there is a sync button on that device as well.

Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

I used a google account email for setting up de account (using a hotmail account for the comunity...forgot to use the same)

I tried pressing the sync and making sure it blinks, I reset modem, router, arlo base and same problem.

a week ago I sync the doorbell, then after a couple of days I install new modem, couple days after I try to sync/add the chime and I couldn't, I tried reseting, presing the sync and no good results, then I remove the doorbell from the device list to try to install it again and then the chime in sequence but did not found doorbell or chime when app loking for devices. lights on doorbell and chime looks good, blinking according to installation instructions.

Something that call ma attention is that in the device list I see 2 bases but one has a red symbol, I'm assuming thats the siren but not sure. I only have one base station.

RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Did you reset the base using the small opening on the back with a toothpick or did you just power cycle it?

Try powering off the doorbell for a few minutes before trying to add it.
Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

I just power cycle the base, I will reset using the small opening today, that mens I will have to sync all the cameras again after reset?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use the rest button on the base, be sure to remove ALL devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh as if you just got the system. Don't use the New to Arlo selection, just log in, claim the base and sync everything to it.

Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you I will try it later today.

Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor
I removed al devices (6 cameras) and perform the base reset, now I can't sync anything, doesn't find the cameras when trying to sync.
Help please any idea?
RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please see attached. What are the lights on your base station showing?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean
RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are you able to claim the base station in your account?
Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I had no problem adding the base station. but doesn't find the other devices.
Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor
regarding the lights, i have
power solid green
internet solid green, sometimes blinking
cameras only blinking when tryng to find a device
RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

How far is your base station from the cameras?  I assume that you have tried all of the cameras one at a time and none will sync?  You are following the Arlo instructions for syncing (foolish question, but I have to ask).  Are you trying to add them through the app or through a web interface?  Where did you acquire the base station and cameras from?

Rich

Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Rich

How far is your base station from the cameras?

I tryed first 10ft away the continue trying until i put the camera next to the base, since I bought the system 8 days ago I haven't installed it, cameras are sitting on the table.

I assume that you have tried all of the cameras one at a time and none will sync?

Haven't tried all of them, I tried 2 out of the 6 i have, same results

You are following the Arlo instructions for syncing (foolish question, but I have to ask).

Yes, step by step.

Are you trying to add them through the app or through a web interface?

I'm trying through the app, yesterday I also tried reinstalling the app and same results.

When I first got the system I was able to link all 6 cameras and doorbell, few days after I tried adding the chime and I couldn't, betwwen the installation of the cameras and the chime attemp I replace the modem with Arris surfboard, I ordered an internet upgrade to my provider (cox) which havent get effective, however the cameras worked fine after the new modem, I was able to livestream and look all normal, after removing the cameras to reset base now cameras won't sync to base, I'm wondering if the modem might be blocking something in the sync process.

Where did you acquire the base station and cameras from?

Best Buy

RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Try logging into the web interface:  https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login and see if you can add the cameras from there.  The cameras "talk" to the base station directly so I doubt that the router is the issue.  Take a look at https://kb.arlo.com/000039094/My-camera-will-not-sync-with-the-base-station-how-can-I-troubleshoot-i... You might want to delete the base station from your account, reset it and try the setup again.  Alternatively, you can try setting up a totally new account with a different email address after deleting the base station from the current account.

These systems can be kind of flaky in the sync process.  My experience with the cameras has been that they are generally pretty straightforward.  Did you charge the batteries in the cameras fully before attempting to sync them?

Rich

Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

bateries are 100% full

I will try today usig browser and also with new account if neccesary

Thanks

Raul_Ruiz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

Good news, last night I was able to syn all 6 cameras, doorbell and chime, fast and smooth. For some reason appears like the internet was blocking something, here is the things that happend since I bought the system.

11/20/18

Purchase new system 6 cameras, doorbell and chime on 

I Installed 6 cameras and doorbell same day

internet speed 12Mbps DOWN, 1Mbps UP

11/22/18

Install new Internet Modem 

11/24/18

Ordered Internet upgrade online 30Mbps DOWN, 3Mbps UP 

11/2/18-11/27/18

Fail attemp to install/sync chime 11/25/18

Remove other devices and not able to syn again, reset, and other strategies did not work

11/28/18 (around noon)

Contacted internet provider because speed was still 12/1Mbps and they sai, your order is ready I will activate now, after that I have the 30/3Mbps

11/28/18 (night)

When i get back home I was able to syn everything with no problems.

I understand the devices connect directly to the base, but it was just too much of a coincidence. like if the modem/internet was blocking something during the sync

I hope this helps for someone else in the future.

Thanks All!

RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Glad that you are up and running!!

Enjoy your system.

Rich

tman595
Initiate
Initiate

Yep, definitely some issues with these two products (Doorbell & Chime). For example, cameras would sync every time with no problems. But these two, a whole different animal, its nightmare.

I have followed just about every suggestion, both from the community and tech support, no luck, endless hours messing around with something that should have been simple and fun.

I am about to return my Doorbell and Chime to the store and maybe wait until they resolve what is definitely an issue or look at other solutions. It’s a shame, I really like Arlo….been a user since the beginning.

rbeckley
Initiate
Initiate

This is a shame to hear.  I am having the same problem.  I cannot get the doorbell to be discovered by my Arlo system.  I have tried everything - reboots, resyncs, ...  Nothing works.  Next I will call support. If it doesn't work, I have to replace the wiring at my front door with my old manual doorbell.  Ugh.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you held the reset button on the doorbell for 10+ seconds to reset/sync? Does the doorbell light ring respond?

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation