Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
wayned2nd
Star
Star
When I tried to hard wire my arlo doorbell I get a buzzing/grinding sound from the chime. Any suggestions on how to correct this other than buying the arlo chime. Would really like to use my doorbell to keep it authentic.
55 REPLIES 55
Carlton2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two doorbells, front door set on position 3 and works fine, back door buzzies on position 1 and 3. I would like to keep my traditional chimes. What do i do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you used the Tradition Chime setting in the doorbell settings?

glooka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem as Tomatera with a old mechanichal chime model Emerson 8203/8204. Position 2 does not ring the bell, while positions 1 and 3 make the buzzing noise. I am running the latest firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268. Now I have just noticed under "My doorbell settings" >>> Traditional Chime >>> Disconnected

PLease help. 

ChristinaD
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Traditional option isn’t listed in my device settings. Is this based on model? I have model AAD1001.
TeeBoy
Initiate
Initiate
Same here on my iPhone. “Traditional” appears when I’m logged in on my computer. “Traditional “ says “not connected” but can’t be clicked on to make changes. I did everything correctly per instructions and tried other methods described here. Bit the bullet and ordered the chime. Yet another disappointment with arlo to add to the list. Wish I never got this system.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved with the latest firmware release for the Arlo Audio Doorbell.

Please take a look at the release notes here and let us know if you still experience this issue.

Arlo Audio Doorbell - 1.2.0.0_309_283 – 8th August 2019

JamesC

Discussion stats