Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Bernaldo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first set up the first tried everything worked perfect.. The second try the video would not show on my phone..

door bell and chime works and are connect to base. arlo pro 2 camera works and is connect to base and paired off to

doorbell... Yet no camera viewing when door bell rings even though i can hear a voice.. Any ideas how i can fix?

B

13 REPLIES 13
robpatoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Doorbell and chime work. We receive a phone call when doorbell button is pushed, but no video. Using Android (Galaxy S9 and Google Pixel 2) phones...Anyone having the same issue? What is the remedy? Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is the phone connect to your WiFi network or using mobile data? Do you notice any difference when connected to WiFi rather than mobile data or mobile data rather than WiFi?

JamesC

robpatoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC - We tried disabling the wifi and connecting solely through mobile data, unfortunately that did not work. Finally, we removed the doorbell and added it back. Started from scratch with the settings and all seems to be working well now, audio and video. On another note, we programmed one of the cameras to activate the chime when it sensed motion and it functions sporadically at best. Currently testing it in a very busy office environment with lots of "motion"...

robpatoz

Stevet819
Tutor
Tutor
I see the same issue. Called tech support and they had me delete the doorbell and resync it. Same issue. I tried on multiple camera with same results. Waiting onna response from anlevel 2 support.
Bernaldo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok Steve please let me know what level two recommends...

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My linked pro2 records, but the video does not appear live. The video recording appears several minutes minutes later (5) in the cloud library.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have Smart activated for that camera? I find that this delays the posting of the video.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same with ours. Just purchased and when bell rings and calls to iphones; camera does not work. Camera screeh feed is grayed out. Audio works though. One instance we had a still shot and that was the only time. Our cameras work fine for everything else. Think that although they say “synced” to the bell; there is some issue with camera connection.
Stevet819
Tutor
Tutor
Today I tried it while at work I had my wife rung the doorbell and it worked fine. At work I was not on wifi. I will try when I get home to turn off wifi and see if it works.
vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah, we tried that too! No luck in both wifi or cellular. Tried two diiferent cameras as well
vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is anyone still having issues w this?  We are and no fix to this date.  I thought that Arlo would have come up with some sort of update to resolve this issue?  We still get a gray screen when the doorbell is activated.  We are using:  

iPhones, pads etc.;

Network routers - internet provider router (telus) to linksyss WRT to Apple Base network system.  Arlo wifi receiver is connected to Apple network.  We run VPN for security.  

Weve tried connecting directly to router, and bypass the other routers and VPN with no luck.  

Kinda starting to look at that other brand where the doorbell and camera are one.  Friend of mine said he has had no issues and its cheaper as you dont have to purchase a doorbell and a camera seperately.  

Bernaldo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope.. I have not seen or heard of any help from Netgear or Arlo.. The door bell is soon becoming a bust...

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue - Ive been waiting on a level 2 response for months now!
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation