Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bborisbb
Guide
Guide

I'm getting garbled audio with the Chime when the doorbell is rung or when I'm testing melodies. It cracks and pops and doesn't sound smooth. I've tried three different outlets and all have the same issue. I've also tried different volume levels but with no luck.

Any idea what I can do to fix this? Is this a software issue or does it sound like a bad unit?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bborisbb,

How far away from the base station is the Arlo Chime? If you move it closer, do you still experience the same results?

JamesC

bborisbb
Guide
Guide

It was one floor up from the hub. I tried moving it to the same room as the hub but it was exhibiting the same problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bborisbb,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this topic.

JamesC

stylo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm experiencing this same problem. Doesn't matter how close or far the chime is from the hub, or the volume level of the chime. Can you reply with your results on this non private thread for the rest of us with this issue, please?
bborisbb
Guide
Guide
I've sent support evidence including detailed descriptions and video footage of the issue. I haven't heard back from them yet. Also, my Arlo Doorbell itself has started to exhibit the same crackling audio problem when it plays audio from my phone mic.
Cindie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help me resolve the bad audio - crackling and popping.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation