Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station speaker as doorbell chime

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Voidspaces
Star
Star
Why can’t the speaker of the base station be used as the doorbell chime? Is it just for marketing reasons? Naively, I would believe a simple software update could do the trick - great for Arlo customers (not so great for business that can make extra money selling the chime as a separate accessory!)
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it could happen but not everyone has a Pro base with a speaker.

Voidspaces
Star
Star
Could still be made available for bases with a speaker? Don’t know, when the doorbell was anticipated I imagined it working with the base as the chime - just made sense to me.. When I saw there was an additional (and fairly expensive) chime to add, I thought it was a pity not to exploit an existent speaker. I would hope Arlo can consider this feature for a software update in the future (if, as I suspect, a software update is all it takes)..
schumaku
Master
Master

Perfectly valid proposal to have a "Base Chime" option where a speaker is available on the base station, agree!

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
Snacky412
Initiate
Initiate
I just got the Pro 2 kit that includes a doorbell but no chime. What a sham! I can’t believe the base station doesn’t make a sound.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Really? Did you research the product and read the specs? The base's speaker is ONLY for a siren and always has been marketed that way.

Snacky412
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, really.  Of course I did resarch, but I think its perfectly reasonable for person to expect a doorbell to make sound.  It's predatory that Arlo isn't clear about that.  I realize your superfandom may blind you to this and you can blame it on consumer responsibility, but its just good ole capitalistic deciept and nothing more.  It doesn't do much for establishing trust in my relationship with the brand.  

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation