Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Doorbell security screw spec

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I've been given an Arlo Audio Doorbell however it's missing the security screw at the bottom. I'm wondering if someone could give me the spec for the screw so that I can try to buy a replacement locally?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice

I plan to pair the doorbell with my system and then use the support feature within the app to ask this question directly of the people who should have the answer. If I get a response I'll post in here; I'm surprised that these forums aren't monitored by people from Arlo in order to answer questions like this one instead of letting the community fend for itself...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fractalchic wrote:

I'm surprised that these forums aren't monitored by people from Arlo in order to answer questions like this one instead of letting the community fend for itself...

I'm tagging the mods (using the @ ), to see if they can help.  @JamesC and @ShayneS both do work for Arlo.

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve just spoken with Support via chat and they’ve advised that the screw length (including the head) is 7mm and the width/gauge is 1mm.

Is anyone able to confirm that this is correct before I go ordering a replacement screw online?
fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I took my audio doorbell with me and went to a local electronics store on the weekend and discovered that the information that Arlo Support gave me was incorrect.

The security screw for the Arlo Audio Doorbell is M2x7, that is, 2mm wide and 7mm long.

All I was able to purchase was a set of four M2x8 screws which are a little long, but shortening is a lot easier than if I had’ve followed the Arlo Support advice and purchased screws of the wrong gauge.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation