Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tricky68
Guide
Guide

Hey Everybody,

I recently ordered the doorbell to be coupled with my Arlo pro2 on a base station.

My issue: If someone is ringing at the door, my phone is also ringing and if I am not picking it up (because away from my phone or not reachable), I do not have any notification for "missed call" or missed "ring". As well in the app in the video history, it does not record any video.

I think it should be the base principle, that once the doorbell is triggered, video is recorded and stored, isn't it?

Or is there a specific "trick" to set the door bell? (I do not want to use the motion detection, it is trigerring false detection)

Thanks all for your help

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tricky68

Did you (add an event) within the doorbell Device Settings > Motion Settings > Add an event > pick a camera & set the recording settings under the pencil icon?

Tricky68
Guide
Guide

Hi @ShayneS ,

Thanks for your answer. 

Yes correct, under Device Settings / Motion Settings / Add Event, my camera is coupled to the Doorbell. 

However, please note, that I did not tick "when a motion is detected". Since basically Every pedestrian walking by are trigerring fasle record. Thus I would appreciate if it starts recording when pressing the button only? 

Finally, also if I miss the ring on the door, the app does not mention "missed ring" or "missed call". 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The doorbell will use the motion to trigger your camera to record if you have that option & rule created. This is located in the (Motion Settings) > Add device > Select Camera > Action > record. 

The doorbell will not record when the button is pressed. You my also use the camera independently from the Doorbell to record motion in the area.

Tricky68
Guide
Guide

Hello @ShayneS 

Thank you for your answer. Now it is clear for me. 

Could this be taken as a future improvement: add an option "record video when someone press the ring" ? Should not be too much effort ;).

isglass
Initiate
Initiate

I would also appreciate the possibility to record when the doorbell is pressed, hope you add it!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation