Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo audio doorbell now creates duplicate recordings into library since Ultra camera firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good afternoon all!

Ever since earlier this week when Arlo released an updated firmware for my two Ultra cameras now my Arlo audio doorbell sends two duplicate recordings to my library.

They are exactly the same exact one difference, they are the same length, they occur at the same time too.  The difference is always the same, one recording is marked as 'motion' and one is marked via smart notifications as a 'person' or 'vehicle', etc.

This never happened until earlier this week when the Ultra cameras received the firmware update.

This happens all of the time as well, so it is easy to duplicate.

I did open a case on Arlo's support website (case #41757971).

If someone from Arlo on this chat forum could please reply if you need more details or could please escalate this to the engineers on your side for a fix I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @n1976jmk

I was not able to replicate this issue with an Arlo Audio doorbell, VMB5000 & Ultra camera. All devices are on the latest firmware. 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Shayne, I was able to resolve my issue.

It was creating the duplicate recordings when I didn’t have any activity zones defined on the Ultra camera. After I created activity zones for the cameras then it stopped creating duplicate recordings into my library.

Also, for motion settings of the Arlo audio doorbell I have to set to record video for a set fixed amount of time and not ‘until activity stops’.

Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation