Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell not calling phone - Arlo Android app gets terminated by phone it seems

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
demo58
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have an Oukitel WP6 Android 9 phone with latest Arlo app installed at all times, however, having the latest version has not resolved my isue for a very long time (6 months or so that I've had the phone and the Arlo Doorbell).

So, If I start the Arlo app and press the Doorbell button, I get a call on to my phone as expected. So far so good.  However, leaving the Arlo app runing in the background for a while and then pressin the doorbell button again and the phone does not ring.

I have put the Arlo app on Battery Optimization Exclusion list, so it should be allowed to run in the background as I understand it, but it doesn't, not for very long at least. I believe that the issue is precisely this, because everytime when someone poushes the doorbell button and it doesn't work I check my phone's running background tasks and Arlo is not there. If I start Arlo app I need to log in and then it will work for alittle while until phone termiantes the app again.

How can I make sure the app is running in the background without Android terminating it? AS it is right now, the doorbell has become useless because I cannot know when someone is about to press the button so that I can start the app in time.

Would be very grateful for any ideas!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation