Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell no longer detects motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Doorbell has suddenly stopped detecting motion. A short time ago a press on the Doorbell would not ring the chime. Tried all known methods to re-sync before it started to work. Then I recently noticed the Doorbell not detecting any motion unless I press the button. Did a 10 sec reset that did nothing. This whole Doorbell setup is very unstable now. It worked fine for sometime when first setup. I'm at a loss.

6 REPLIES 6
qureshibe
Star
Star

Disarmed Mode - Same here no longer motion detection trigger.

When standing in front but not pressed, It shows flashing white light while motioning around.

When pressed, It rings chime & triggers recording

When pressed, It calls on phones & triggers recording

I thought of customizing a RULE, but rules only available for CAMS, not for the doorbell

I have ARLO ULTRA

brh
Master
Master

@qureshibe,

I also can not get my doorbell to record videos and send notifications with the Ultra cameras but it does work well with all the previous models.

Now, as for the second part of your statement, on the devices page, click on the doorbell. Click on the three dots at the upper right of the page. On the next page you will see a section for Motion Settings. Click on that and you will be able to setup the rules for the doorbell.

I have reported this issue, but no resolution yet.

Brian

qureshibe
Star
Star

2nd part also doesn't work. 

I have tried setting up a rule for 1 cam for 2 cams with doorbell motion trigger, but no change.

It doesn't do the recording.

detections are visible but recordings are not getting on,

for example last night when I was going out, doorbell detected me & activated the Ultra Cam spotlight, then again no recording

brh
Master
Master

@qureshibe,

Mine have never worked with the Ultra cameras. I was told this was a known issue and I am waiting for a resolution. Meanwhile, especially if it worked before, you might want to contact Customer Support at:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Brian

qureshibe
Star
Star

Opened a case with support.

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well now my Doorbell is "Dead as a doorbell". Fresh batteries, tried sync button and no response to anything. Warranty is expired so now what? 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation