Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Doorbell does not ring; does not Chime

I have a solid WiFi signal from a Base Station itself attached to a router that typically clocks ~600Mbps.  I have reinstalled the Doorbell and Chime from scratch (twice).  And yet still the Doorbell no longer calls my iOS phone (it did, for a few weeks).  Nor does it regularly/reliably call out to the associated Chime (which itself shows up as paired just fine to the Base Station).  Firmware & app all updated, regular reboots done, settings all correct.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 1 of 9
Arlo Moderator

Re: Doorbell does not ring; does not Chime

Hi @RoamingNick

What version IOS are you running in your phone? does this occur on any other phones you may have? 

Message 2 of 9
Aspirant

iOS 12.4.

It does not ring on my wife's phone either (the other associated devicve).  And now the Chime has totally stopped working (it is syncronised with the Base Station, which itself is connected & has been rebooted).  

Given I disconnected my original doorbell in favour of this high-tech solution, now I have no doorbell.  Not ideal.

Message 3 of 9
Arlo Moderator

I tested my personal Arlo Doorbell with my Iphone 6s running IOS 12.4 & received a call. Does this occur over wifi & mobile data?

Message 4 of 9
Aspirant

Yes, the issue persists over both WiFi (>300Gbs so plenty fast enough, with strong signal from Base Station to Doorbell & Chime) and LTE.

Message 5 of 9
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 6 of 9
Aspirant

Yes - case ID 41013683.  No response from them as yet (though I logged it a week ago).

Message 7 of 9
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RoamingNick

I escalated your case & you will be contacted as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Message 8 of 9
Aspirant

Noted with thanks on this.

Message 9 of 9