Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell doesn’t chime till the light turns on

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jhammerle
Tutor
Tutor

If anyone walks up to my doorbell and presses it then it usually does not ring arlo chime nor call my cell. I would call this the normal case. If I walk up to it, wait for the light to turn on, and then press the button then it usually works. I call this the abnormal case. Why doesn’t the normal case work?

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Jhammerle,

Try to clean the motion sensor on your Arlo Audio Doorbell to make sure that the LED light will turn on before you hit the Doorbell.

Jhammerle
Tutor
Tutor

That does not work.

My Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Chime fail to notify us about 75% of the time. It seems that for the doorbell to work that it must detect movement to active the button before our guest presses the button; however, most of the time, our guests will press the button before motion is detected.  Is that really how it was designed?  Or is pressing the button sufficient? I either have defective devices or there is a design flaw with the doorbell. Which do you think it is based on support incidents submitted by other customers? If I have defective equipment, how do I exchange? If it is a design flaw, how do I get my money back?

Jhammerle
Tutor
Tutor

Also created cased 41162076 with Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation