Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
tims0891
Guide
Guide

The issue I am experiencing is the sensitivity of the doorbell motion sensor. I am noticing false alerts that occur frequently. My front door (Doorbell) is located about 30 feet from the main front street and I can only assume any type of car that passes, or person walking by on the sidewalk triggers the doorbell which then triggers the front camera to start recording. Would be great if Arlo could push an update that allows for the adjustment of the doorbell sensitivity, which would mimic the camera adjustment options. Anyone else having a similar issue?

69 REPLIES 69
ChapmanMJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

How did you turn off the door bell sensitivity 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no control over the doorbell sensitivity. The best you can do is to turn off the When Motion is Detected setting in the doorbell Motion & Audio Settings. You'll need to use the app to do this.

davidrayers
Star
Star

Hi Folks,

Sorry to post a me too reply, but me TOO. 2, 3, 4 AM I get alert tones on my phone for motion on the door bell. I reviewed  all the videos and I can see the circle light up on the door bell with NOTHING in the vicinity.  No animals, bugs, cars or people walking by. So I've been told to turn off motion on the doorbell and just use the camera.  So why should I own the doorbell if doesn't work the way it's advertised to ?  We all know this is not the cheapest system on the market. I think most of us chose it for dependability and reliability over cost. Please fix the problem or reimburse us so we can purchase a system that is going to work as advertised.  I am also posting this review in other locations in case this dissapears.. Thanks for your consideration...   David A  

Thunder10
Initiate
Initiate

Everyone who is having problems with their doorbell constantly sending false signals needs to send a request to the Arlo Experts, via Arlo email support and have them set up a case.  The more people who do this the better opportunity we have to get this problem corrected.  Hard to believe they don’t realize how frustrating this problem is.  

davidrayers
Star
Star

Said email address to submit report ?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
ChapmanMJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

What do you mean no email

davidrayers
Star
Star

It's because they don't want to talk to me at 3 AM  Smiley Very Happy 

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can someone from Arlo Support please respond to this and tell if and WHEN this will be resolved?    I’ve had a ticket opened for months and I’ve provided Arlo Level 2 support with documentation on my testing and have not received any updates on how this issue will be resolved.    One of my tests even involved placing the doorbell in a cardboard box on my kitchen floor and I still received false alarms.     

I think we all want an update on this issue.   Can someone please respond?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SteveArnold

I reviewed your case & it appears Customer Support contacted you today 5/6/19. DId you receive their inquiry?

ChapmanMJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what’s the answer for this ongoing issue, this product is obviously not ready for prime time I’m about to sell my whole Arlo system and buy something else, I also will be requesting a refund from the seller of the useless Arlo Bell and Chime 

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @SteveArnold

I reviewed your case & it appears Customer Support contacted you today 5/6/19. DId you receive their inquiry?

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello ShayneS

NO.  I was Not contacted by Customer Support today.     If they tried to contact me via the email address that’s linked to my Arlo account (which ends in @cox.net) then the email won’t get to me.   There is an issue between Arlo support and Cox internet where emails are not getting through.   I’ve already discussed this with Arlo support and I’ve even open a ticket with Cox level 2 support but nothing has been fixed yet.

So....I’ve previously instructed Arlo Support that if they want to contact me they must do it via the other email that I use or else they must call my cell phone number.   The other email of mine is documented in the arlo case number and it ends with @hotmail.com.    My cell phone number is also be documented in the case.      Please email me at my @hotmail account or call me 

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello ShayneS...Two days later and I still have not been contacted

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SteveArnold

I have previously sent you a PM inquiring for further information form you. Did you receive that?

davidrayers
Star
Star

This site is very email unfriendly. I have been getting emails on this subject generated by this page but the only way I can respond is to come back here and post on the thread. Very strange not to be able to email customer support direct.  David A 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

.@SteveArnold

Can you PM me here on the community with your email & phone number. I will add this information to your case, so customer support can contact you as soon as possible.

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello ShayneS,

Did you mean a Phone Mail?    NO.... I did not receive a phone mail.      Did you call my cell number that ends in (xxx) xxx-6819? 

davidrayers
Star
Star

Hi Shayne,

I am getting emails from you with this return address

Arlo community <community-no-reply@arlo.com>    THIS IS A NO REPLY ADDRESS

Like I said the only way I can reply is to come back to this site. It's also confusing as to who you are talking to. I'm getting the emails addressed to and looks like you are talking to me but here on the page looks like you are talking to someone else. 

ctcossey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Doorbell sensitivity has increased dramatically, not sure why. Can not adjust sensitivity down. Battery now requires charging weekly due to camera recording every car driving by. So I called support, the solution was to disable recording on the camera attached to doorbell and stop push notifications. So now, only get recording when doorbell is pushed. To echo what other users have said. Some type of sensitivity adjustment for the doorbell would be great.

Now all I have is a doorbell without motion that activates when the button is pushed. Defeats the purpose of the motion activated doorbell.

Please fix!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

SInce you disabled the doorbell activating the camera, why not simply set up a mode/rule so that the camera detects and records by itself? You don't need the doorbell to cause the trigger when the camera will do the same thing. This is exactly what I do - I get notifications and recordings well before anyone rings the doorbell.

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

In my case I want the doorbell to do the motion activation.    I have my cameras on a different schedule than what I want for motion detection of the doorbell.     Plus.  I bought this doorbell because it’s supposed to do motion detection properly.      Mine keeps getting false alarms and I’ve been waiting for months for Arlo to fix this.     The doorbell is supposed to work with motion detection and we shouldn’t have to use a work around using the cameras.  

ChapmanMJC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agreed, this product is not ready for prime time I have wasted $200 plus dollars on this device, if it’s not fixed soon I’m taking the matter to consumer affairs
ctcossey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did setup a rule but still having sensitivity problems with my cameras. I’ve turned down to 20% sensitivity. Not sure the adjustment is doing anything.

Arlo Support help please!!
davidrayers
Star
Star

David Ayers <david.r.ayers.**@gmail.com>

11:44 PM (2 minutes ago)

to Arlo

Let's face it. It's a POS product and they are not going to do anything about it except maybe try and make the next one a little better so you can spend some more money. I'm an old tech from years ago and I know basic troubleshooting techniques. I'm not about to beled around by a leash with a rookie with a clipboard troubleshooting list.. Replace the defective product without making me perform like a circus animal and jumping through all the hoops.
David A

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctcossey wrote:
I did setup a rule but still having sensitivity problems with my cameras. I’ve turned down to 20% sensitivity. Not sure the adjustment is doing anything. 

Be sure you're changing the sensitivity in your modes/rules.

Discussion stats