Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Traditional Chime slider when using Audio Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the latest Arlo app running on an iphone 5S.  The app DOES NOT show the Traditional Chime slider.  I have unpaired, reset, and resynced the audio doorbell at least half a dozen times.  It has the firmware,

1.2.0.0_309_283, that Arlo says fixed the problem.  The Web Client says that the Traditional Chime is disconnected when it's not.  On my resyncs, I selected that I have a mechanical slider and verified its operation.  Does Arlo have a fix for this?  If so, it would be nice if were documented.  If not, how about fixing it?

13 REPLIES 13
maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

"mechanical slider"  _ "mechanical chime"

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @maudieinto

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've sent support requests back as far as April 19.  No one is responding.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @maudieinto

I have reviewed your case & it looks like support sent the following message to you today 05/08/20. Did you happen to receive this response to your case (41644009).

"Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Arlo Email Support. We apologize for the delayed response.

We understand that the On/Off button for the traditional (mechanical) chime paired to your Arlo Audio doorbell does not show up on your Arlo application.

Based on the details you provided, I would suggest the following steps:

1) Disable Silent Mode through your Audio Doorbell settings. Silent mode will temporarily disconnect your existing mechanical chime.
**Note: When your audio doorbell is on Silent Mode, all the paired (mechanical/digital) chimes paired to it will be temporarily disconnected to avoid producing sounds, when the doorbell button is pressed. You will also see fewer options for the doorbell (calls/notifications) when it is on Silent Mode.

2) Make sure that your Audio Doorbell's chime switch is set to the correct position (position 2 or the middle). You can remove the doorbell from its battery cover to inspect if its chime switch is on #2 position.

For immediate assistance and faster resolution, you may also take advantage of the following support options:

• Phone Call: 1 (408) 638 3750
• Live Chat: https://arlo.secure.force.com/ChatIntegration
• Email Exchange: https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

Thank you for choosing Arlo.

Regards,

Guiller
Arlo Support"

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did receive the response.  Thank you if you prompted it.

Unfortunately, it did not contain any useful information. Of course, I've played with the Silent Mode slider dozens of times.  Of course, I checked the position of the switch inside the doorbell.  It is set to 2 and the mechanical chime works when Silent Mode is not engaged.

In the Silent Mode menu (if you will) , I see a slider for Silent Mode and for Incoming Calls.  That is all, no matter what position the Silent Mode slider is in.

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS if you are out there... I have supplied the information required for Case # 41644009 and have not heard back for 5 days. I then called the support number "for faster service" and was placed on hold. I gave up after 30 minutes on hold. I am writing this so that this case will NOT be closed and hopefully I will get some kind of support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated this issue for you. Your escalations case number is 41685980. Someone from the escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to follow up on this thread in case others get this issue. I've been going back and forth since May about this issue with Arlo support.  The issue is that there is no Traditional Chime slider in the Doorbell settings on an apple device running the latest IOS and the latest version of the Arlo app. If I switch over to the web client, it says Traditional Chime is disconnected. 

In the latest iteration, Arlo sent me a new Audio Doorbell.  After installation, there was no change (i.e., there still is no Traditional Chime slider).

I've read that Android users don't have this problem.  Are there any IOS users that get the Traditional Chime slider in the Audio Doorbell settings (under the Silent Mode and Incoming Calls sliders)?

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo opened case #41922621 a month ago to address this.  I have not heard one word back since.  Can a moderator find out why nothing is being done?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @maudieinto

I have escalated your case and someone from the escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalations number is: 41991884

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been nearly two weeks since I've had any communication about case 41991884. Absolutely nothing has happened.  Can a moderator find out what's going on?

Andre1Evans
Aspirant
Aspirant

This works really well for us, thank you!

maudieinto
Aspirant
Aspirant

What works for you?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation