Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
CL313
Follower
Follower

The doorbell doesnt sync. Even after resetting base and doorbell! Help!! I was on the phone with customer support for 3hrs!! Nothing solved! The cameras and base sync great! Not the doorbells or the chime tho.... please help

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the base firmware is up to date. Press and hold the doorbell sync button for at least 10 seconds and try to sync again. It's possible you have a bad doorbell and need to swap at the store.

Bostro
Star
Star
Same issue I have. Doorbell was working 1 week and now goes out of sync. I can delete it and add it back to the station, just to go out of sync after an hour or two. Any solution ot I need to replace the doorbell?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What does the doorbell WiFi connection strength look like? This may be due to a weak signal or 2.4GHz interference.  Of course, it could also be a bad doorbell.

Bostro
Star
Star
Hi, the signal is strong, full.
I have Arlo base connected to Google Mesh and I did move one from another 3ft. I also bought wall mount for google mesh unit so I will put it high on the wall and will leave Arlo base on the cabinet. Will see. Adding the doorbell back to system is also not possible by simple Sync on the doorbell. I need to remove bateries and add it from beggining. This worked on second time I tried.

I also have issues wirh bateries going down to 20% within 2 weeks. I just bought the new Energizer Lithium ones and will see. But I do not believe that it will help a lot if any.
HomeHomer
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Doorbell keeps going out of sync too.

Does the doorbell only work on 5ghz signal?

The batteries on mine kept running out too. I covered the motion sensor with tape and bought rechargeable batteries since I was going through them so quickly.
Bostro
Star
Star
What helped me was:
1. Moved the Arlo Base station do other room so there is not Wifi Router between Arlo station and Door Bell.
2. Changed the batteries to new one (regular ones which I had in home)
3. Reconnected doorbell due to baterries change

All above helped. From my original post till now no single issue. Also bateries are now 86% despite of winter temp in Colorado.

Despite this issue being resolved I need to say that price tag for this product is too high comparing to the problems you need to resolve by yourself and marketing overselling Arlo capabilities ( enhanced DoorBell notification from lock screen and geofencing issues). Good luck!
HomeHomer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bostro - how do you accomplish #3 / reconnect the doorbell? Thx!

And definitely agree that it feels this item was rushed out.
Bostro
Star
Star
Hi

In reference to #3.

Because lf course I could not resymc the DoorBell I removed it from the App totally. DoorBell -> ....(right top corner) -> DeviceSetting -> on the bottom Remove Device.

After this is done and your batteries are new (best would be Lithium) and Arlo statiom is moved to other place, please add the DoorBell again following Arlo procedure..

BTW: Even this procedure ends for me with the result that doorbell is not ringing till I do not go to Doorbell Device setting and connect Traditional Chime to the DoorBell again. Its easy... but took me few hours to find it. In your case maybe its not the issue so you should see the status “connected”.

Good luck!
Recruiter
Tutor
Tutor

I just got my Arlo doorbell and it is not syncing. The sync button in between the batteries does not produce blinking light like it says would be considered a successful resync.  Arlo software updates automatically.

HELP!

Sandra

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Sandra

Have you made sure to hold down the button between the batteries for 10 sec? you will see the front ring flash fairly quickly once reset.

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve never used that button to resync.      I’ve only used it to reset the doorbell (back to initial factory settings?) and then I re-add the doorbell to the app as a new doorbell (after deleting from the app)

Recruiter
Tutor
Tutor

Hello Arlo Community,

I went back to Arlo doorbell project next day and resync worked. The resync button was not working the day prior - no rapid flashing light to tell me it synced. There are numerical settings 1-3 at the bottom of the doorbell under the resync button I changed that a few times and back to number 1 and it synced the next day. I'm good for now.

Thank you Arlo community for your comments.

Sandra

Recruiter
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it finally worked the next day. Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Recruiter

I am glad to hear that, let us know if you have any further questions.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation