Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
shudman
Aspirant
Aspirant

No faff....just press button and for it to ring a "ding dong" sound on one or more phones.  I don't want to have it throw up an Accept or Decline, nor some "leave a message" prompt. Can this be achieved ?   I have tried for an hour....and not really got to a happy compromise.  I appreciate that this is an expensive gadget for just this purpose....but why is something this simple not achievable ?

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@shudman,

I don't believe what you are trying to accomplish is possible as it was designed to make an actual call to your phone. 

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If that's all you want, why not buy a $20 wireless doorbell?

shudman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mainly because they are rubbish. I have an Arlo camera pointed at the same door, and having that linked is a benefit plus what is so hard of giving the customer the choice to simply use a phone as a chime (i.e. a setup option to not make a call, and just have the notification).  Seemingly, there not only seems no way to do this, but also you have no choice of ringtone either, right ? It *is* your phones main ringtone.

I am seeming like an Arlo Doorbell hater, but that is not the case - I want this to work...just frustrated that I expected the product to do simple things.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation