Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
alazygal
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased an Arlo doorbell and was unable to get my traditional chime to work with it, so I purchased the Arlo chime.  I have attempted to add this chime multiple times without success.  Each time, I wait several minutes while the chime slowly blinks white.  Then, the light turns amber and there will be several seconds where it flashes quickly before becoming a solid amber light.  I have tried resetting it several times to no avail.  My cameras and lights are working fine.  The chime is located ~six feet from wi-fi router.  I cannot seem to find any troubleshooting for this or if there is a way to do a hard reset on this device only.  Any advice would be appreciated, as I am ready to return this and the doorbell.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The chime connects to the base, not your router. You can try moving the chime close to the base and see if that allows it to be connected. Then move it back where you want it.

alazygal
Initiate
Initiate
I tried plugging the chime in directly below the base station and it still is not connecting. I think it’s defective.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be. Swap at the store or open a case with support here.

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue. Strong signal to pro 2 camera right next to it, but it won't connect. Stays orange
Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice
I plugged the chime in 3 ' from the base and then it connected. After it was connected I moved it to the original location and now it works.
chrisdl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. Did you ever find any solution? 

On power-up, slow blinking white, then blinking amber, then solid amber. Solid amber isn't even explained in the FAQ / Manual.

Manual pairing made it show up in the app, but when unplug / replug the Chime it's again the same thing and it disconnected from the app and base station.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chrisdl

Have you tried to remove the camera from Settings > My Deices > reset the chime by holding down the Sync button for 10 seconds then re-adding it?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation