Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell Setup Help

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnm405
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Audio Doorbell.  Have read all of the instructions and only one thing I can't find is do you install the batteries if you hard wire it to an existing doorbell ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The batteries are required regardless of whether you also hook up the existing wiring. The doorbell is powered only by the batteries and not by the wring. The doorbell uses the wiring only to trigger and existing chime.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The batteries are required regardless of whether you also hook up the existing wiring. The doorbell is powered only by the batteries and not by the wring. The doorbell uses the wiring only to trigger and existing chime.

Johnm405
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. After posting and setting up the doorbell I found where is shows that the batteries are required in setting it up.
Sometimes you just have to read between the lines and do just jump into something.

I tried setting it up last night but something isn't working right so today I will start over and then see if it works. Stand by for more questions if it doesn't. Thanks again

Well I just tried it and it won’t work with my current doorbell, all it does is buzz. The doorbell is from 1985 so I think I will get the door chime for the Arlo system.

With the cost of the two I may get the stand alone ring system it seems to have better audio and video

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use the Traditional Chime selection in the doorbell settings?

Johnm405
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I didn’t get that far. When I hooked up the wires and put the back on it started buzzing and if I moved the cover it would start dinging and not stop .

I just took it back for a refund, I may try again later but am still trying to figure out how to get the modes dnd Rules to work. Every time I set one up on a camera it either puts it off line or it will not record. When I put in a time it wii only make it for 2hrs or not let me change it,

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation