Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
BB23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Do you know when the Arlo Audio Doorbell will be released in the UK?

OR.....

If I was to purchase one from the USA would it be supported in the UK?

Thanks in advance for you help....

20 REPLIES 20
Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
I have the same question. As the doorbell runs of AA batteries I was thinking of shipping one from the USA. However, does Arlo work on different frequencies in the UK and Europe Vs the USA?
Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice

The chime is plugged in so we need a 240V variant. Anyway, I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2018 release. 

Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
I did not hold my breath. Order from Amazon.com. just the doorbell and I will order a chime when these are available in the UK. In the mean time I will use the phone notification plus I have a android tablet in the hall. Turned up the notifications and that will do for now 🙂
BB23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did teh American one work on teh UK phone network for you?

Habve you actually tried it?

Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
Yes it uses the Arlo app vs making an actual phonecall. So it just uses data. The Arlo app is a bit of a pain as it keeps logging itself out on one of my devices. But it is the device I am using as my make shift doorbell.
Probably definitely buying the chime as well when it launched in the UK. Or wait until there is Google home integration.
elwynwill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Can you please advise me the approx release date in the UK

Many thanks

Elwynwill

Wormit
Tutor
Tutor

I have both, brought over for Christmas from the US. Plugged in and generally working just fine. I do have an issue with not being able to stop the phone ringing, everytime the bell is pressed...  Probably just needs to correctly setup?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you accepting or declining the call? Either will stop the ringing. Or do you just not want the call to happen in the first place?

Wormit
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

I simply want the choice to not have the phone ring when the door bell is pressed.

Ideally this should be a selectable choice as there are times when the feature is required.

Hopefully, that makes it clear?

Peter

Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
Hi

You can mute calls / notifications but this will mean you dont get a call.

However your phone settings will control the notification / ringing volume. If your phone is set to silent then you will receive the call but you phone should not Ring.

Thanks

Andy
Wormit
Tutor
Tutor

Andy

Tell me more "You can mute calls / notifications"  that is essentially what I want to happen but, still need the chime to do its job.  

Basically, having bought a chime together with a  doorbell - that's the combination I want, indeed expect,  to work when I'm in the house. The phone is only of use, to me, when I'm outside the house and welcome notifications that someone is at the door back home.

Have I missed something here?

Thanks

Peter

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just asked chat support if any update on a release date and they still don't have any information. Just slipped up buying a doorbell off eBay from the US, then saw there was a doorbell and chime package. Doh! Hastily contacted the eBay seller for a refund. Waiting.....
Watched YouTube videos for the package and some really good features.
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
At last a release date for the UK on 14th Feb. But currently only for the Doorbell and no chime yet.
Maxscarletto
Initiate
Initiate
Just looked on Amazon uk today and saw that they are accepting pre orders for a Feb 14th release day £74.99
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Correct (as above). No chime though.
Maxscarletto
Initiate
Initiate
Chime is also listed same release date.
Wormit
Tutor
Tutor
I had both for Christmas, sister-in-law brought them over for me. No issues with voltage just needed a 2 pin shaver socket and all works OK. Still disappointed that you can’t turn off the phone when in the house but otherwise OK
BB23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brilliant! Thanks for the update.....

Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
I think so. Just go into the Arlo app and click on the door bell. On this page toggle 'silent' mode which then creates 2 new toggle buttons. Select the 'call' to switch this off.
Would be a pain to do every time you come in the house / if you forget to toggle it back on again you may miss someone at your door if you are out. At least you have the option to do it 🙂
Really if you put your phone on silent mode this would work anyway. It won't stop the call but at least you won't hear it ring.
Does that help?
Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
Thanks I had not seen it on Amazon. I already have the doorbell so just order the chime. I have this for a month or so already. I am happy with it. I had the Ring doorbell and the main advantage to me is I know just have 1 app for my cameras and doorbell.
It is not perfect. For a start the doorbell itself would be easy to steal. All you need is a couple of mins and a Philips screw driver. Ring at least used an Allen key to make the unit more difficult to open / remove the device.. Also if the Ring doorbell was stolen they offered a free replacement. I assume they will disable the MAC address of the item meaning it could not be reused anyway. Not seen any similar offer from Arlo?
Battery level is at 80% so it is approx inline for the 12 months.
Pressing the doorbell button is a little hard and it would be better for the doorbell itself to ring so the person pressing knows it has worked. Arlo could add this with a software update.
Hope this helps. Not regretting buying this and really for my purposes it was better than ring.
Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation