Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
09gxp
Follower
Follower

I see a bunch of posts about the same topic, the doorbell chime not working.  I've tried to thouroughly understand what is going on and be reasonably safe that all connections are solid, correct polarity (no crossed wires etc) to the best of my ability.  I did this writeup to see if it will help others think of things that could be missed, and maybe find an somebody with an ah-ha to help us all (apologies in advance if I missed where a solution was posed).

For christmas I purchased an Audio Doorbell.  I have it installed, all devices report that they are online and firmware is up to date.  When the button is pushed, the cell phone does the correct thing and connects with the camera and the audio features work.

The system is 18.5 volts, the door chime is brand-new, the wiring has been checked for polarity and correct connection according to back door, front door, and the power terminal in the center.  The back door is hooked to a manual switch, and the Arlo is on the front door.  The symptoms do not change if I disconnect the back door entirely out of the system or not.

The door chime is mechanical (not digital) and does the correct bing-bong when I cross the doorbell knob base brass terminals.  But - when I plug the doorbell button into the base on position 2 of the switch, there is nothing discernable with a voltmeter or a bing-bong.  On position 1 and position 3 of the switch if I plug it into the base is the doorbell will go "bing" but not bong and the mechanical solenoid start vibrating at a rapid rate but not hitting either the top nor bottom chime bar like the motor running or other characterizations from the other posts.  the button still does the audio and camera functions, but the chime is losing its mind in the background from the moment it's plugged into the doorbell base.

Is it possible my unit is defective?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the Traditional Chime setting in the doorbell settings?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation