Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lexedus
Guide
Guide

I originally posted in the comments to https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Audio-Doorbell/m-p/1795852#M4498

While that particular issue appears to be fixed, it actually appears to be the opposite of what I was asking for. 

To restate, I would like the following to happen when the doorbell is pressed:
Push notification goes to a phone.
No call is initiated.
If Silent mode is off, an announcement comes from the designated Amazon Echo device.

What it appears that you have done, is to allow a connected Chime to ring while suppressing calls. I can set up a custom Alexa routine to receive a push notification when the button is rung, but the ring action (the trigger) appears to be suppressed in Silent mode. What I'm requesting, is for the ring action to still go out under silent mode (possibly as an option so other users can still suppress if desired.) 

In other words, I don't want to receive a call from my doorbell. Not ever. I do want to get a push notification for button presses, not for motion. If I can use my Amazon Echo device as a chime, that's a bonus. If I purchased a Chime from you, my phone still wouldn't ever receive push notifications except for motion, which is pointless for me. 

Does that make sense? 
Push button; receive a push notification. 
That is all I want.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @lexedus

Please contact the Support Team regarding this inquiry. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Copeins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation