Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Today we are announcing the all-new Arlo Audio Doorbell and Arlo Chime, built to work as a smart audio doorbell solution or to pair with Arlo wire-free cameras or Arlo smart light for a more complete view of the entryway. For more information on the Arlo Audio Doorbell and Arlo Chime, see our doorbell announcement and press release

We encourage you to post questions here regarding this exciting announcement, we'd love to chat with you about our new Arlo Audio Doorbell and Arlo Chime!

89 REPLIES 89
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

What about the UK release, any news?

tomcoleman
Guide
Guide

it was press announced in July 2018, its now on sale in the US, but still no UK release date or even any news from the admins/mods/product team.

At least say Q1 2019 or something?!?!!

adds RING to basket.....

bazann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please advise when the Arlo Audio Doorbell (AAD1001) will be avilable in the UK, please.

If there is likely tpo be a long delay in availabity, presumably  the Doorbell on its own will operate in the UK in conjunction with my recently purchased Arlo Pro2 cameras, as I understand the Doorbell is battery operated.

As a suplementary question, what is the typical battery life in the Doorbell?

tomcoleman
Guide
Guide

arlo/netgear dont care about their customers.

You just get robotic replies with no real information, they dont even check these threads.

Sentry_Turret
Star
Star

@jghatley wrote:
jguerdat - I do have a camera at my front door, it’s called my Ring doorbell so I can get a view level to the face of anyone at my door and not the top of their head.
My Arlo cameras are pointed to the driveway and backyard. I stand by my comment - until Arlo can get with the times and put a camera on their doorbell, I’ll be sticking with my Ring doorbell.

You ought to express your opinion on Arlo's doorbell product page on Amazon - where it matters.

ricktheengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never got a reply to this question.

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary
Well all do not not have the same setup. I spent a good amount of time testing different positions of the camera at my front door for the best view. It certainly is not where the door bell is. Your setup may be different then others. I like having the option to decide where the camera goes vs being required to put it where my current button is.
tomcoleman
Guide
Guide

told you arlo dont reasd these threads (or very limited responces)

waste of time, now that they have moved away from netgear maybe things will improve

ARLO stop teasing products and take an apple view, ANNOUNCE AND RELEASE within a few weeks.

Ecsaszar1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ighy
Aspirant
Aspirant
When is the doorbell going to be available in the uk?
ncudmore
Tutor
Tutor

I'm guessing that different tones for front and back would be asking too much..

Bryeguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
It doesn’t have a camera inside the doorbell like the Ring?
Bryeguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agreed!
schumaku
Master
Master

@Bryeguy wrote:
It doesn’t have a camera inside the doorbell like the Ring?

No, it's intended to be operated associated with an Arlo camera. There are pros and cons for each approach. In most installations, the Ring with the built-in requires some wedge or adjustable base to deliver a useful picture...  

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

arlo say that its now fixed arlo doorbell and alexa BUT mine still is not working