Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell notification Won't go away

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Oem3409
Tutor
Tutor

I get notifications and they wont go away. I click on the notifications and it does nothing. Pressing clear wont remobe it either. Happens on door bell and call from door bell

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I find they automatically go away after 10-15 minutes (haven't actually timed it).

beback
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using Andriod phone with Android Pie OS. I have the exactly same issue which is really annoying. I had to turn off and or notification for Arlo to make it goes away. However, it suddenly comes again sometime later... Arlo, please fix this issue ASAP

Screenshot_20181026-211739.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can swipe right on this notification, tap the gear icon and minimize the notification. This will clear it from the pull down drawer.

JamesC

beback
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, it doesn't go away by swiping right. If I minimize it, it comes back later soon. Restarting the device or accepting another doorbell call can get rid of it. That's really annoying me.

Ruffiano
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  You can't swipe it away, disabling notifications will clear it teporarily, but it will come back and stay for good after.   In addition I get duplicate notifications for EVERYTHING..... image is attached

I'm Using:

Android 8.0.0

Kernel 4.8.78-15104940

Build R16NW.G955USQU5CSA4

Arlo App Ver: 2.7.1_23406

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ruffiano

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App and test again. 

You can also clear the app cache and test again. You can do this by going to Settings > Storage (device care) > Storage > Apps > Arlo > Storage > Clear Cache

Ruffiano
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll give that a try.  I was relunctant to do so as I've heard that reinstalling the app was the cause of the multiple notifications, and each time you do it, you'll just add to the number of notifications.  We'll see if that is the case.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ruffiano

You may also try contacting customer support regarding this issue before doing so? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Ruffiano
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll contacat support, as I thought, I am not getting 3 notifications for the same event.......

Guide
Guide
Try going back to the gear, turn off notification and turn it back on. That worked for me. And for the record, telling someone to "reinstall the app" is like telling someone that to fix a car that won't start, they need to sell it and immediately buy it back. That's not really a solution for a buggy app.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation