Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ted4321
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have successfully connected two (2) audio doorbells to a VMB-4000 base, for the front and back door.
No pairing to any cameras. Primary use for doorbell press only and motion sensing to alert chime.
One of them keeps disconnecting after a few days.

Stats:
Base Station -> VMB-4000 works flawlessly with multiple cams and one digital chime
Chime -> 1st gen digital chime (no problems or connection issues)
AAD1001 (Front) -> using switch #2 (no problems, switch unchanged remains at #2)
AAD1001 (Back) -> have unsuccessfully tried switch # 1,2,3 with the same disconnection issue after ~48 hrs.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ted4321
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED: The AA batteries were making an intermittent connection. Rotated the batteries and all seems fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ted4321 wrote:

AAD1001 (Front) -> using switch #2 (no problems, switch unchanged remains at #2)
AAD1001 (Back) -> have unsuccessfully tried switch # 1,2,3 with the same disconnection issue after ~48 hrs.

Suggestions?

I don't think I can help (been a long time since I used the AAD1001).  But I think would good if you can tell us if both doorbells are connected to the same chime.

Though it's a bit of a pain, you could try swapping the doorbells and see if the problem moves.

Ted4321
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED: The AA batteries were making an intermittent connection. Rotated the batteries and all seems fine.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation