Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

The brand new Arlo app has some new and expanded features. But it may also look like some of your favorite functions are missing. Not to worry! We didn’t take anything away. We just shuffled a few things around to make Arlo even easier to use. Here’s a quick guide to what went where in the new Arlo app:

• Modes & Rules: You no longer have to open a separate “Settings” tab to edit your Modes or to create a new Mode. Instead, you’ll now find all Arlo’s Mode functions, including editing, placed together under a single convenient “Mode” tab. For more detailed information, see How do I create and define Modes and Rules.

• Setting Length of Recording: You can now select the length of recording at a rule level. To set the length of recording, select “Mode” tab, then select the relevant mode, then click on the edit option next to the relevant rule, then click the edit option next to the “Record Video” option and then customize the length of recording by moving the slider. Remember to return to the Rule screen and save the rule in order to save the new setting.

• Changing Motion Sensitivity: To customize motion sensitivity, select “Mode” tab, select the relevant mode, then click on the edit option next to the relevant rule, then click the edit option next to the “Motion is detected” option and then customize the motion sensitivity by adjusting the slider. Remember to return to the Rule screen and save the rule in order to save the new setting. For more detailed information, see How do I adjust motion and sound sensitivity.

• Setting up schedule: To customize schedule, select the “Mode” tab, then select the device, then click on the edit option next to Schedule. Select an existing time block to make updates OR add a new time block by using the “+ Add” option at the top. For more detailed information, see How do I configure and use the Schedule option.

• “Select All” option in library: ‘Select All’ option is available while reviewing recordings in the library. To see this option, click on “Select” and you will see the “Select All” option.

Have more questions about Arlo? Check out our library of how-to articles , our library of help videos OR just pick the brains of the Arlo community.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
44 REPLIES 44
MJDATL
Star
Star

Giving us directions for using ARLO's updated interface/features when we are using our computers - and NOT specifiying it applies only to computer -  when many of us are using the android/ios app and it doesn't show the same options...is well...irresponsible.

Thought Windows had the monopoly on horrible roll-outs. Arlo is giving them a run for the money...

ChristineT wrote:

The brand new Arlo app has some new and expanded features. But it may also look like some of your favorite functions are missing. Not to worry! We didn’t take anything away. We just shuffled a few things around to make Arlo even easier to use. Here’s a quick guide to what went where in the new Arlo app:

• Modes & Rules: You no longer have to open a separate “Settings” tab to edit your Modes or to create a new Mode. Instead, you’ll now find all Arlo’s Mode functions, including editing, placed together under a single convenient “Mode” tab. For more detailed information, see How do I create and define Modes and Rules.

• Setting Length of Recording: You can now select the length of recording at a rule level. To set the length of recording, select “Mode” tab, then select the relevant mode, then click on the edit option next to the relevant rule, then click the edit option next to the “Record Video” option and then customize the length of recording by moving the slider. Remember to return to the Rule screen and save the rule in order to save the new setting.

• Changing Motion Sensitivity: To customize motion sensitivity, select “Mode” tab, select the relevant mode, then click on the edit option next to the relevant rule, then click the edit option next to the “Motion is detected” option and then customize the motion sensitivity by adjusting the slider. Remember to return to the Rule screen and save the rule in order to save the new setting. For more detailed information, see How do I adjust motion and sound sensitivity.

• Setting up schedule: To customize schedule, select the “Mode” tab, then select the device, then click on the edit option next to Schedule. Select an existing time block to make updates OR add a new time block by using the “+ Add” option at the top. For more detailed information, see How do I configure and use the Schedule option.

• “Select All” option in library: ‘Select All’ option is available while reviewing recordings in the library. To see this option, click on “Select” and you will see the “Select All” option.

Have more questions about Arlo? Check out our library of how-to articles , our library of help videos OR just pick the brains of the Arlo community.

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
ChristineT, could you amend your announcement to include the things that actually were taken away such as the recycle bin and storage usage indicator. It doesn't seem that "Not to worry! We didn’t take anything away." is an accurate statement and will make people continue to hunt for things that aren't there.

Thanks.
mikoz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

The new app seems like a step backwards.  WIth the old app, I didn't need to read anything to set it up, with the new app evenrything is nested too many layers.  It is not better at all in my opinion. 

Also, the email stated that a Firmware  update would be done with the 2.0 app update, but my base station and cameras are STILL at the old level.  Not only that, I can't even find the "auto update Firmware " option anymore (like so many other options, it's now buried into obsure locations that are not easy to spot or it was simply taken away). 

Did anyone else see a new Firmware push with the update?

Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree.  I was very busy when the update came out and couldn't read any update information.  My "work week schedule" had changed to a custom mode and my work week schedule was now called "schedule".   I activated work week schedule (like I always do) and I had 463 motion captures on one camera before I realized it.  Jeez.  That will dain my new batteries in a hurry.

Mmydi99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using Android but can't seem to set up a schedule. My goal is for it to record 24hrs a day, can anyone help?
Shiloh
Star
Star

Mmydi99 wrote:
I am using Android but can't seem to set up a schedule. My goal is for it to record 24hrs a day, can anyone help?

Click on MODE then click on whatever you see on screen(my last setting was Record motion on front door which is what I see) then you should see a bunch of options and click on All Motion On.  This is how I do it on my android phone

Theponce1
Aspirant
Aspirant
First select program: start 0001/ end 1201
k3471965
Tutor
Tutor

I agree, I would like to go back and check the videos that I deleted. Also you don't know how long these videos are saved. Before you could set how many days you wanted before they where deleted from the cloud. This app needs more work.

sirsteve1968
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, this app needs a LOT of work. Who did Netgear consult before rolling these changes out? I doubt it was the end user and that is HOW it NEEDS to be. We are the ones using it. Common sense here would say we need to know when things will be deleted and how much space is being used. 

RKS55
Guide
Guide
I would settle for mine to just work again. Mine was great until the update. Cameras no longer work, alerts don't work, no videos anywhere. I thought Arlo was the greatest, until their update. Now it's just a piece of expensive JUNK. What's even worse, they won't even try to help straighten out the problems!
Sodak
Tutor
Tutor
RKS55...same story here. Had zero issues prior to the update. Now I'm dealing with everything you mentioned. Is anyone else not having their videos available in the library? Or having them appear 30 min after motion?
DuffOfAges
Star
Star

I have held off commenting on the "new" app, because I never used the "old" app.  And for the most part, I'm pretty happy with my 4 camera system.

Except -- ARLO ARE YOU LISTENING TO ALL OF US?

1.  Driving along, suddenly wife and I get multiple motion detect alerts.  Wife goes to the app, no video's in the library for all the alerts.  Quite some time later, they appear.  What if this was serious and I needed to call the Police?  The web interface seems better than the app for putting things into the Library.  ARLO, PLEASE SYNC THE WEB INTERFACE AND THE APP LIBRARIES.

2.  If the little running man indicator upper left of each cameera image is supposed to be a current status of "motion detection is on", my cameras arbitrarily loose motion capture on status.  The only way I can figure out how to fix it is to go to the Armed mode, open each camera, check to make sure the motion sensing is still on, and save the settings.  WHAT A PAIN!  Do any of you see this too?  Had somebody waking in my backyard, but the front yard camera motion sense had gone off, so no video of person or vehicle in front hard.  ARLO, PLEASE FIX THIS.

-- Duff

spyman
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears  the ability to recover deleted videi is gone.  The only wat to keep the ones you want to save them by not deleting them.  You will have them available to you on that caledar date.

spyman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The recycle bin removal is a huge mistake.  Now there is no way to recover video.  I found out after it is too late.  Don't delete vidio you may need to keep.

zman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Newbie here, did you receive a response to this post?

thank you

lagarcia24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to select all to delete images. Help!

zman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

'new as i am" i know this one: click "Select" and it will default to "Select All"...

spyman
Aspirant
Aspirant
While in the library select "select" and "select all" will be available
MJDATL
Star
Star
eBay it like I did!
MJDATL
Star
Star
Sure...in the computer access it is somewhat easy..
Still not as good as it used to be in the android app. Sad they admittedly are trying to push us towards monthly pay services...
Discussion stats