Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Leo888
Star
Star

Can Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen connect to VMB5000? I tried to follow this link below but it doesn’t work.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062393

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen (AVD3001 and AVD4001) is not yet compatible with Base Stations/SmartHubs. This feature is planned for a future firmware release.

JamesC

Leo888
Star
Star

What is the expected timeline? How can we be notified? Where will the video be recorded after the subscription trial?

The doorbell was updated from 1.1.1 343 to 1.2.1 435 without my awareness. The function is still not working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Leo888,

We will post an announcement here in the community once this feature is available. I do not have a date available at this time.

While you can still receive notifications and live stream the doorbell after the trial expiration, recordings will no longer be saved to the cloud. You must have an active subscription plan for recordings to be saved to the Arlo cloud after the trial expires.

JamesC

RPy
Tutor
Tutor

This is nuts. Y’all released a product without making sure it integrates with other products y’all sell? Nor is there an ETA?? Plus it doesn’t work with HomeKit? And we are supposed to trust that y’all are going to release firmware to make this gel?? Outside of us acting as glorified Beta Testers with a half-cocked product and Tech Support that doesn’t know the product when you call, what else am I missing? 

Lisalou
Aspirant
Aspirant

How about free cloud service until it’s figured out? This is not fair to consumers. So, I need to return my recently purchased 2nd gen doorbell and buy the essential to work with the hub I planned to buy for my new pro 4 camera set?

RPy
Tutor
Tutor

This is what I did. Waited until the last day and returned it back to Amazon. And I’ll continue to alternate until it’s solved. So they can have multiple open boxes or fix it. Their choice. 

Ssdungeon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am doing the exact same thing. The doorbell is better...not as good as ring as far as alexa and such but the reason I went arlo instead of ring is I want to come trol my data.  I brought this and will be returning  it and buying another tomorrow.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm sorry but ordering a product, using it for a month and then returning it to order to repeat the process isn't going to benefit anyone, you including, not to mention the fact that it's morally unacceptable, bad for the company (everyone in the end will pay the price for it, as a business needs to be sustainable; also how is Amazon responsible for your problem?) and bad for the environment.

Before you made a decision to purchase it, you should have familiarised yourself with what the doorbell can do, as the fact that the 2nd gen doorbell doesn't offer local storage wasn't concealed. If what the 2nd gen doorbell isn't what you're looking for, then you should look elsewhere, or buy the 1st gen doorbell, which, you'll find, is comparable in terms of features with the 2nd gen one (but it does offer local storage), or wait until the support for local storage is added.

While I agree with what you said about Arlo and their poor support of the new doorbell, I don't agree at all with your actions in response to it. You should actually be ashamed of yourselves.

gIr0d
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Arlo  is there an ETA for the promised Firmware please? I use local storage which is hard to use as Arlo „forces“ customers to subscribe and does not show the recordings in the Feed unfortunately. So want to use this also for the doorbell

gIr0d
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC can you comment please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While this feature is still slated for implementation later this year, I do not have a date available share. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

gIr0d
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @JamesC , kindly also mention to the developers as customers having local storage in use, that the alerts are shown in the Feeds section and that hard to get via the base station - storage etc.

Ssdungeon
Aspirant
Aspirant

No shame here. I did my research i am a very long time arlo user.

Let me tell you about the doorbell issues.  The older one often freezes when someone presses it.  It does it on my 2, my mother's 1 and four more houses that has invested in thr arlo system. It did not start out that way but after an update a year or so ago it did.  One of the main times the doorbell camera is needed is when someone actually presses the button.

I have 4 extra bad arlo doorbells because of this.  So maybe that should have been noted when I was doing my RESEARCH... also maybe you should shut up when you don't know or understand someone else's story.  It's not just me with this issue check the forums.  So arlo may have finally fixed this issue so I'll do what I need to do to have a working system since I am already vested in the arlo system.  I have 2 base stations and 8 cameras.  I have installed several others and if arlo wants to refund me for all the systems yes I would go elsewhere.  They won't so shame on you for not wanting someone to have a working system.  Have a great day sir/mam.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation