Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a charge for using paypal to pay the subscription fee?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sjboyer
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a charge for using paypal to pay the subscription fee?

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There should not be any additional charge using PayPal as a payment method. 

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I authorize PayPal to pay $9.98 and my visa card is charged $10.28. That's an additional 30c each time.

Why am l being charged more?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DorEtch 

Which subscription do you have? I see a single camera sub at the moment attached to your account.

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I subscribe for 2 cameras at $4.99 each. I actually have 3 but did not pay the higher rate for 3 or more as its just a spare.

Its the difference between my PayPal transaction and what hits my credit card that I'm querying. Always thought it was the receiver who paid any charges, not the payer.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Tax is not included in the price, it's $4.99 Plus tax depending on region.

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

What tax, it's 30c each time. GST is 10% and should be included in the advertised price or noted. If not you're not following the regulations.

There is nothing whatsoever on the website warning of any additional costs.

Screenshot_20230510-073726_Chrome.jpg

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks more like a transaction fee, which seems off.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Once you click subscribe now and sign in to access the following subscribe now page > Select the single option > Scroll through the Compare all Secure plans and you will see the restrictions below.

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing with your PayPal charges. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I give up. Not happy.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DorEtch 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43478009

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just can't get a straight answer to a very simple question. Baffled.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DorEtch wrote:

It looks more like a transaction fee, which seems off.

Paypal might be adding on a transaction fee - I don't think Arlo can do anything about that.

DorEtch
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is on my Visa statement and not my PayPal account. Arlo customer service has said that they receive the invoiced amount. 

I asked yesterday if the money is going to an overseas bank, haven't had a reply as yet.