Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station not connecting to to my Netgear DG834N router

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ecomiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope someone out there can assist. I bought two base stations - and neither connects to the router. Not a cable problem either. Resetting didn't do the trick. No firewalls set on the router. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need details.  What do you mean by not connecting to the router? Do the router info pages show that the base has an IP address? What is the status of the various LEDs on the base station? Are you trying to set up the system using a computer or mobile device?  Are you using the app or web browser?  If using a mobile device, is it on WiFi?

Ecomiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only base light that turns green is the power light. None of the other lights even light up when I connect the base station via the ethernet cable to the Netgear Wireless Router (DG834N). I rebooted both the base station and router - makes no difference. I also reset the base station. Again, no change or result. I tried to reset the base station while holding down the Sync button - again, makes no difference. I then tried to connect to the Netgear router with my laptop using a ethernet cable - and it doesn't work either. I suspect I need to change a setting on the wireless netgear router but don't know which setting - perhaps you can assist?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless Netgear decides to tell us how to access the base directly, there's no way to change any settings. It's a brick as far as the user is concerned.

The lack of any lights other than power would seem to be a hardware problem. Contact tech support for how to proceed or take it back to the store and swap it.