2 of cameras NOT updating firmware...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JMcCoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

All but two of my cameras are running latest firmware. As a result, the two using 1.2.2545 are not allowing me to view them real-time. I get the error message unable to connect to media server.

I'm sorry to ask this question, given it's been asked so many times. I've read all the threads and tried the various solutions. They are not working. I've allowed the cameras and system days to catch up with update as well.

Can we force cameras to update using the USB connection some how?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I know you read the threads...

I just updated two new cameras following the normal produres and I recommned you doing it the same way

1) make sure auto update toggle is on... turn it off and save turn it back on and save again to make sure the base has the proper setting internally

2) reboot the base via the power button. take 2-3 mins to restart

3) get the two cameras, open then close the battery doors, they should auto resync

keep the cameras within 10 feet of the base

wait overnight as the cameras update during the early hours when the system does house-keeping

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JMcCoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I an NOT having any luck getting these two cameras updated. Updating via the wireless sounds great but clearly challenges. Why can we not update hardware with the USB port?? Would be so much easier.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just playing devil's advocate here. If users could manually update firmware that could lead to hacked firmware being installed intentionally or not. There's a broad spectrum of possibilities here that have to be considered...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JMcCoy,

Are the batteries low in the cameras that are refusing to update? If they are, please replace them with fresh batteries and the update should occur overnight as normal. Let us know!

JamesC