Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I enter the Arlo Base Station serial number? Brought brand new at Best Buy...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
imuscle
Aspirant
Aspirant

No serial number identified.  New product purchased about one year ago at Best Buy.  There is only a WGN and a MAC id number on the bottom...lame.  No way to contact Netgear without serial number....very poor support.  Vuzone router cannot handle 12 cameras...Goes offline while other laptops working fine on net.  No way to contact Netgear except through here without serial number...

1 REPLY 1
CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

imuscle wrote:

No serial number identified.  New product purchased about one year ago at Best Buy.  There is only a WGN and a MAC id number on the bottom...lame.  No way to contact Netgear without serial number....very poor support.  Vuzone router cannot handle 12 cameras...Goes offline while other laptops working fine on net.  No way to contact Netgear except through here without serial number...

On my Base Station, the bottom has two (2) labels: Serial Number and MAC address.

I do not see a WGN (any idea what that is?).

I have set up three (3) Base Stations and the install process doesn't call for, "Entering the serial number."

Where (and why) are you trying to enter the serial number?

--

If you follow the install instructions, the serial number is visible in various settings contexts via an app or the Web Portal ( https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login ).