Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

support for home automation system such as HOME ASSISTANT

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sgweb
Follower
Follower

I use Home Assistant. They finally gave up with the arlo integration and removed it. I'm currently using a community port called aarlo, but it, too, has issues starting and validating. 

Please make an effort to come up with a way home automation system such as this can acquire the data they need.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sgweb,

Arlo officially supports several partner integrations allowing you to get the most out of your Arlo system. For more information on which integrations are available for Arlo, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062278/What-smart-home-and-voice-assistant-systems-can-I-use-with-my-Arlo-dev...

JamesC

FredBear99
Initiate
Initiate

You are alienating thousands of customers out there who are paying your monthly fees for service. From looking at the logs, Arlo has intentionally been increasing efforts into stopping users from using Home Assistant simply because it is not a so called "partner".  What you are going to see is folks migrating away from Arlo unto platforms that embrace independence from third party services. Folks using home assistant has zero effect on your subscriptions and the profitability from them. However, the continuation of such resistance will result in people fleeing.