Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

I'm trying to build an automated home (so far I have independant but wireless Arlo Pro cameras and base station, wireless garage doors, and wireless thermostat, will add light sockets, motion sensors, water sensors through Samsung SmartThings and also an Amazon Echo for voice control).  Over in the SmartThings forum, it appears ArloPro integration is broken.  Is the support just a bug, or is there no partnership here?

Thanks, just want to know what is directly compatible with the Arlo Pros, and what can be integrated through third party like SmartThings.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Funnily enough, a few hours ago, I received an email from smartthings saying April updates bring compatibility with Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro basestation, Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus. I guess they weren't properly integrated previously. You might need to remove them from your ST and re-add them to get the full functionality

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What's the problem? I also have Arlo cams x5, garage door opener, hue lights, ST motion sensors, and 3x Echo Dots.

I use Arlo independently but it is linked through ST. My cameras set off inside/outside lights at certain times of the day through ST. Other than that, I run my arlo on a schedule and not in Smartthings mode

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

As I understand it, SmartThings suddenly stopped communicating with the cameras properly over the last couple of days.  Not sure of the details, I saw this on the SmartThings forum as I was researching the ability to integrate all my wireless devices...

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Funnily enough, a few hours ago, I received an email from smartthings saying April updates bring compatibility with Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro basestation, Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus. I guess they weren't properly integrated previously. You might need to remove them from your ST and re-add them to get the full functionality

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, that appears to be it!  Thanks.