Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ggraeff
Tutor
Tutor

Hello - I have four of the wire-free cameras and two of the Qs.  I use a schedule to arm/disarm them, but only for the overnight hours due to a lot of flexiibility during the day.  I'm looking for some creative ways to arm/disarm on-demand, durring the day.   I currently only have the Arlo base station, but I am also contemplating getting a SmartThings or Wink hub so I can so some other home automation and use IFTTT to tie the two together.  One of the things I'd like to do is create a simple trigger to arm and disarm all of the cameras at once, either with a physical smart button near a door, or with a single command from my Android phone, either a voice command (e.g. "OK Google, arm cameras") or a small app that triggers an IFTTT recipe that toggles the camera.  Has anyone done this?  Or perhaps I should ask if this would be possible.

Thank you!

G

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ggraeff,

This seems possible through use of IFTTT recipes but you would need to decide what other devices you will be using in addition to Arlo. I recommend taking a look at the Arlo IFTTT channel and see which recipes already exist that may be useful for what you describe.

JamesC

ggraeff
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC - Thank you for getting back to me on this.  So do you know what's required to control all devices at once?  Through the Arlo app I have to change state on each camera or the hub individually, which means three separate "taps" to arm or disarm the all six cameras.  It seems like I would then have to have three separate IFTTT recipes, and then perhaps three separate smart buttons (or maybe six; three to arm and three to disarm) in order to completely change the state of my cameras.  Am I missing something, or is this the current state when mixing Qs and Wirefrees in the same environment?

Thank you!

midget2000x
Guide
Guide

Another similar feature I'd love to see is a quick "disarm for x [minutes|hours|days]" button.  If I am milling around in the driveway or yard it would be nice to quickly be able to pause everything and know that it will un-pause in the future.  Right now I am pausing it and emailing myself a reminder to turn it back on.  That's a bit unwieldy.