Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gatoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add my wife as a friend. Zero success I have added and deleted her several times always the same result. Arlo app show lots of items in the library when minimized but when you log in it wants you to add device (which you can't do). No cameras show up noting seems to work. Shows no connected account and no devices in the location. No plans shown for location.

Leslie Earl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by getting the invite accepted for your wife's account.  Have your wife click on "Create Account" on a PC.  That will open a browser window to my.arlo.com.  Then she needs to fully log into her account (including the two-factor authentication step).

When that is done, you should see that the invite was accepted in your account.

Next, it is likely that you see "Library" at the bottom of the app, while she sees "Feed" and "Dashboard".  If that is the case, you will need to migrate your account to "Feed" in order for her to see the recorded videos.  You do that by going into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  While you can't complete that (since you don't have that camera model), it will migrate your account to "Feed".

Note "Feed" is quite different from "Library", and once you migrate to it, you won't be able to switch back.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by getting the invite accepted for your wife's account.  Have your wife click on "Create Account" on a PC.  That will open a browser window to my.arlo.com.  Then she needs to fully log into her account (including the two-factor authentication step).

When that is done, you should see that the invite was accepted in your account.

Next, it is likely that you see "Library" at the bottom of the app, while she sees "Feed" and "Dashboard".  If that is the case, you will need to migrate your account to "Feed" in order for her to see the recorded videos.  You do that by going into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  While you can't complete that (since you don't have that camera model), it will migrate your account to "Feed".

Note "Feed" is quite different from "Library", and once you migrate to it, you won't be able to switch back.

gatoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am expecting a new camera today so I will wait to try adding something I don't have. What are the differences between feed and library? I use the library a huge amount as that is where I can actually see who came to the door. Not often is that person still at my door when the live feed opens.

It is very strange that she gets the notifications when someone comes to the door and the icon on her apple screen shows the number of new feeds in the library, yet noting shows up when she opens the app.

Thanks for the reply.

Leslie Earl

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gatoor wrote:

IIt is very strange that she gets the notifications when someone comes to the door and the icon on her apple screen shows the number of new feeds in the library, yet noting shows up when she opens the app.

Strange, but also expected behavior if you see "Library" and she sees "Feed".

There are quite a few differences, the ones that seem to matter most are

1. Scheduling is done differently
  2. "Feed" has three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, Standby) that you can edit, but does not support custom modes at all.
gatoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much installed a new ultra2 camera and got it set up. Then tried to add a Pro5S and of course could not this updated my app to arlo secure which instantly got my wife the feed I was looking for. Not sure why this is not spelled out somewhere and I am also not sure why updating to the new Ultra2 did not update to the updated app but adding a camera that I don't have works.

Thanks Leslie Earl