Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JKGonzalez
Tutor
Tutor

I have purchased several of these Arlo cameras and have updated them to the very latest release / firmware - 1.2.10342. Requesting Z-Wave Roadmap from Support / Support Engineering. to be able to have my Arlo Z-Wave cameras and Arlo base station, VMB4000r3 (version 1.8.2.4_10232) communicate with my Telguard Security Alarm system which already has Z-Wave enabled. This way I can monitor the cameras from my Telguard alarm system as well and have them INTEGRATED from a single console and fine tune my devices / update them from the Arlo app.' Netgear , cc:ing all users here - Please let me know when this functionality will be released in firmware, because I WOULD LIKE TO COUNT ON IT!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JKGonzalez,

This is currently not a partner integration for Arlo. As new partnerships are made, they will be announced and shown here Arlo Smart Home Security (see the partners section toward the bottom of the page).

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Where does it say that the cameras are Z-Wave?

JKGonzalez
Tutor
Tutor
No, actually I need Z-wave functionality - in firmware. It does not actually indicate that on the Arlo camera. My post indicates a need for learning when and if that functionality will be enabled so that devices can commonly interoperate in a home cloud / network environment.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JKGonzalez,

This is currently not a partner integration for Arlo. As new partnerships are made, they will be announced and shown here Arlo Smart Home Security (see the partners section toward the bottom of the page).

JamesC

bmurph213
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would hardly say that no integrations qualifies as solving the problem

steve_t
Master Master
Master

bmurph213 wrote:

I would hardly say that no integrations qualifies as solving the problem

If you'd followed the link in James' post, you'd see Telguard is now integrated via its HomeControl Flex solution

JKGonzalez
Tutor
Tutor
Being a Telguard partner is NOT the same as integrating with a standard such as Z-Wave or Zigbee. I am looking for a universal solution to use with my Arlo that allows me to control both my Telguard Z-Wave Alarm and Arlo Camera together.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have a look into Smartthings

roy9183
Star
Star

Hi Guys,

Is there anything on the Z wave comming up for the Arlo compatibility etc? Its been almost a year since we  have got the arlo except newver models not much integration done with Z wave device. Are Arlo comming up with a Z wave hub as well.

Regards

Roy