Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Working solution to Arlo Ultra Hub HomeKit set up. No code was supplied.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone managed to find a guaranteed way to make the Ultra camera system work with Home kit. The instructions are useless as no Code was supplied with the Kit nor will the instructions on the website work, the phone sits looking and never finds anything… tried setting it up using both Arlo app and HomeKit app with the same results…

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Davv,

What error are you seeing when trying to set up your Arlo system to Apple HomeKit? You can refer here to learn how to set up Apple HomeKit without a code: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is no error, there is no connection, Arlo just sits there looking and never finds HomeKit no matter how you access it and there is no HomeKit code anywhere to manually assign it. I have tried you steps dozens of times without the code and it will never find the device.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your base station to see if that resolves your issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for that. I can now find the base station however it won’t allow it to work with Home without the 8 digit code which was never provided with the kit nor is there anything in the base station for it to work…
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Davv,

The link above explains how to set it up without a setup code.

Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant
It still asks for the code, please email me the code or alternatively replace the base with one that comes with a code, or at least a QR Code on the box for this set up process.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For further assistance regarding this, I would suggest for you to navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo iOS or Android app for service options available to you.

Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why am I wasting time in here… can you have them contact me as it is once again proving all Arlo is capable of doing is palming off problems to someone else in there business instead of getting a solution.