Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
DJGLIVE
Tutor
Tutor

We need a firmware update for HomeKit integration for the wire-free doorbell. This should have NEVER been released without integration into HomeKit. About to return this doorbell if we can't get an answer as to when this is expected.

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

Since the Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbell Base Station/SmartHub is available with the latest Wire-Free Video Doorbell firmware version, we plan to add Apple HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates!

20 REPLIES 20
Arlouser304
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve seen many posts about this so creating another as it seems to fall a deaf ears with Arlo time and time again.

When is HomeKit support coming for the wire free doorbell? It cannot be that difficult as it is very similar to the wired version that does have HomeKit support?!

If there’s no resolution to this, then maybe your customers need to start moving this to a viral escalation on social media outlets to bring awareness to the fact that it’s been put on the radar for years now by your customers and the only reply is “we are open to suggestions and improvements on our products” or “something is in the works”. If you can’t deliver HomeKit support then just be upfront with your customers and say so!

There are many other security video products now on the marketplace to switch over to however if you can at least provide good customer service and relations, you’ll find it pays off in the end.

Please don’t reply with a predefined response or remark.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Since the Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbell Base Station/SmartHub is available with the latest Wire-Free Video Doorbell firmware version, we plan to add Apple HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates!

macirl
Star
Star

We have been waiting most of 2021 and now into 2022 for HomeKit integration.  I have an AVD2001 and hoping this integration is coming very soon.

WWSSON
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Arlo,
Just checking is there any update regarding the integration of the wire free doorbell with HomeKit? I think quite a lot of users have been waiting for this so long.

Many thanks.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Where’s the HomeKit integration? This is ridiculous.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to let you know this feature is coming soon for the Wire-free doorbell. I will provide an update when the update is in production. 

Thanks

macirl
Star
Star

It's good to have this confirmed.  Can you also confirm that the doorbell will be HomeKit compatible without the need to buy an additional hub? Thanks  

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Where's the homekit integration? This product has been out for what, two years now? This is nuts.

RustyG
Tutor
Tutor
Any update yet? How comes this has taken so long?
Tony419
Initiate
Initiate
This is regarding the Arlo essential wire-free video doorbell. Mentioning because that wasn’t an option in the drop down.

I just purchased this device primarily because the articles I read said Arlo integrates with HomeKit. Pretty frustrated to learn that’s not the case for this product. I’m considering returning it so I can get something that does integrate.

Or maybe I could reconsider if there is some update on timing that is more than early 2022 (which is already in the past anyway)?
RustyG
Tutor
Tutor

Any update?

Sdanaher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also like to know an update.  This was supposed to be available early this year.  It’s nearly November.  

mylegfeelsfunny
Guide
Guide

Guess what. It's a whole year later.

Im very much regretting supporting Arlo.

I will be returning over 1k of equipment I just bought.

DJGLIVE
Tutor
Tutor

Right. Where is this support. I have three homes with Arlo and this is a complete oversight on their part.

DJGLIVE
Tutor
Tutor

STILL WAITING. NO LONGER PATIENTLY.

Arlouser304
Tutor
Tutor

Here’s the update everyone. Arlo lied to and mislead their customers. Since no HomeKit support is coming, I will be ending my support for Arlo. After investing nearly $1000 into Arlo cameras and hubs over the past year. I can say it is a complete waste of money to pay for devices and a consistently broken app. If you are considering buying Arlo, DO NOT BUY!!! This company needs to go under or out of business as they cannot support their product or help their customers. Awaiting for the generic response by Arlo support or maybe they’ll mark this issue as resolved like they have done to many other community members. 

DJGLIVE
Tutor
Tutor

I am going to have to explore home bridge possibilities for this again. I am floored by the lack of support. I have 3 homes with Arlo cameras and this is a major disappointment after being promised support 

RustyG
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo,

It would be fantastic if you could reply to one of us and give us all an official update.

It’s been along time since your last update and it’s rather disappointing from yourselves.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information to share.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

LOL!