Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Cinz
Tutor
Tutor

Where do I find the HomeKit code on my Arlo Ultra? Am trying to set it up with the Apple HomeKit but can’t find the setup code anywhere! Not on the box, base station or manual. Can’t find it anywhere and it’s making this experience very frustrating. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
pocketscience
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue! Received my Ultra in the post today and the documentation says to scan the code, but there isn't one ANYWHERE! Too make it worse the Arlo app doesn't let you add the basestation to Homekit either! When I click on "Homekit" in the SmartHub settings I get a screen that says "Discovering your device.." and it just sits there FOREVER. Very frustrating that this doesn't work as advertised. Will be returning if I don't get a response from the support ticket I filed. I have multiple other Homekit devices (Hue, Eve etc) and they all work perfectly.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Cinz and pocketscience,

If you can't find the HomeKit code for Arlo Ultra, you can set it up without it. You can read here to learn how: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

pocketscience
Guide
Guide

Thanks for replying, but you didn't read my message very well, or look at the screenshot I provided. Trying to use the Arlo app doesn't work either. Any other ideas?

Cinz
Tutor
Tutor
Tried that already as well and same thing happens to me. Nothing loads. Need another option.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

pocketscience,

Since you're still having an issue and you've already contacted support, let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Cinz,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Cinz
Tutor
Tutor
Jessica, I’m having the exact same issue as pocket science. If customer support wasn’t able to help him/her, not confident they could help me. Can you just provide us both with the solution?
pocketscience
Guide
Guide

I've had 2 very long phone calls with tech support, and am no closer to having a HomeKit enabled solution. Everything has been erased and setup from scratch multiple times. I've submitted device side logs from 2 iPhone's and am now awaiting the analysis of them... If there is a "solution" Arlo don't seem to know what it is as of right now. The solution for me will most likely be returning them for a refund and buying Eufy cameras.

digital_junkie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m in the same spot. I do find that HomeKit can see by SmartHub, but that requires a QR code. The Arlo app never displays the HomeKit button.
pocketscience
Guide
Guide

Sorry to hear that. It's been 2 months and I'm still no closer to a solution. Hardly surprising though.. since Arlo support HAVE COMPLETELY GHOSTED ME! I submitted logs etc as I mentioned back in JUNE and never heard a damn thing back from them. Utterly hopeless support, much like their products.

I'd recommend returning your Arlo cameras and getting something that actually works. That's what I did.

KingDnice
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the Arlo Ultra 2 and my scan code was at the bottom of my Hub. With homekit you must download a App Called HomeCam from the App Store ... in my opinion you should use a Apple TV 4K or Apple TV Hd as your Base station .. Works perfectly.. The setup is as Easy as 1,2,3 ..
pocketscience
Guide
Guide

Thanks, but not very helpful given there's NO CODE to scan on my unit, and same for the original poster... but I'm super happy you're happy... 😕

TX0313
Initiate
Initiate
pocketscience
Guide
Guide

It's quite apparent, as you can see from this thread, that Arlo really don't care if your expensive camera setup actually works as intended. I gave up some time ago, and if it's not working don't expect Arlo to help. If I were you I'd return it to the place of purchase and buy something that actually works as advertised.

Yuanxi
Initiate
Initiate

I also encountered the same problem, because the camera was set to automatically detect and record, but it didn’t really execute (Gosh, this is a security camera!)
When I reset the settings, I can’t find the homekit code.

I can’t find the answer just after reading the discussion forum.

Later, I synced the settings to HomeKit from the HomeKit option in the Arlo app.

Not directly from HomeKit app to set up, but from Arlo app to set up HomeKit

path:  Arlo app>Setup>"Account" HomeKit

maybe help.